Polybush lubrication

Looking for some help from the Collective please. Have taken apart by '69 CC PI conversion, and am starting the rebuild. Hoorah!

I have ordered some Polybush replacements for the diff, and front and rear suspension and would appreciate some advice on how to lube them for installation and operation.

I have a vice! I have LM and Copperslip grease, but think that my post Christmas budget will extend to another tin of the right stuff.

Many thanks, Richard

the important bit is: Due to the characteristics of Polyurethane, and the way in which the bushes behave, they start to act as bearings instead of just a gap filler, and as little friction in movement as possible is vital to avoid uncomfortable increases in Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).

Hi Richard

When I rebuilt my suspension fitted with polybushes I researched this on the web and found pure silicone grease was recommend and can be obtained from a good hardware shop or plumbers merchant, and have used it with no problem.

Cheers Chris.

Superflex or Superpro bushes that are fitted into housings/suspension arms etc usually come with a tube of Silicon grease anyway in the pack.

Stuart.

I didn't get any at all :(

So i have been trawling the net and found that the stuff normally supplied is WP grease so I ll order some water pump grease ^_^

Hate to contradict but...........

It depends on if you are using "poly bushes" as a generic name or if you mean the "Polybush" product.

If its the former then you should consult the manufacturer. If its "Polybush" then the following quote and link may be of some assistance.

"BEWARE of fitting any make of bush which recommends using oil or grease to assemble!"

Use only soapy water, or tyre soap to insert Polybush bushes. This will dry and the bush will be a tight fit, ensuring long, trouble-free life. Your components are protected too!

http://www.canleycla...o-fit-polybush/

All I know is that I used a silcon lubricant once, as I thought It couldn't do any harm, and had to replace them after 6 months as they started breaking up. The replacement ones fitted with soapy water are still perfect.

Hate to contradict but...........

It depends on if you are using "poly bushes" as a generic name or if you mean the "Polybush" product.

If its the former then you should consult the manufacturer. If its "Polybush" then the following quote and link may be of some assistance.

"BEWARE of fitting any make of bush which recommends using oil or grease to assemble!"

Use only soapy water, or tyre soap to insert Polybush bushes. This will dry and the bush will be a tight fit, ensuring long, trouble-free life. Your components are protected too!

http://www.canleycla...o-fit-polybush/

All I know is that I used a silcon lubricant once, as I thought It couldn't do any harm, and had to replace them after 6 months as they started breaking up. The replacement ones fitted with soapy water are still perfect.

You are correct I found the same years ago.