I don't like the dealer that sold me my TR3. But that's because he was cleverererer than me, knew I wanted to spend my money and got most of it. My fault not his. Next time I'll know better !

Quite right, McMuttley - I am a big fan of caveat emptor. We all need to go into transactions with our eyes open. However, my impression from the thread so far was that many dealers are sadly misunderstood and as pure as the driven snow - so perhaps you were just unlucky to find a wolf amongst so many sheep!!?

Bob

Bob,

As an accountant and a necessary part of any business you may be familiar with the process of businesses that either buy (often from sources that the retail market don't have access to) and then resell the product or accompanying service for more money than they invested in it. It's called the retail process, this system works across the entire western world and is what our and many other civilisations have been based upon since time immemorial.

If I remember correctly and if you check back this little contremps started with the comment from Lee

"over here it is annoying that once a car is placed with a dealer the price goes up and they don't have any interest other than making money".

Lee has generously suggested that maybe he was a little harsh with his comment and I don't see how pointing out that the costs involved to these businesses and dealers are substantial and need accounting for is painting them all as being innocents and "pure as the driven snow".

As we know from the accountants "who rip people off" commit fraud and are convicted every year, to those who are just condemned to being "only a bean counter" the whole spectrum of human fallibility is exposed there as in almost all other professions or jobs. Whether we like them or not many accountants are worthy of their hire as indeed are many dealers, and the services from good examples of all professions are to be encouraged.

Put your tin hat away, we're all friends here (or should be) and I'm sure that Lee with over 300 posts to his name has stood his corner and clarified his meanings.

Mick Richards

Accountancy profession . . . motor trade . . . . pots, kettles . . . . white is the new black ? :lol::P;)

Nice one Bob ! :D

Jesting apart, there are plenty of rogues in the motor trade, and I've met a few - and I could say exactly the same about the accountancy profession. And as for builders . . . . :rolleyes:

But the proportion of bad apples, unhealthy though it may be, isn't enough to condemn the whole damn orchard. Accountants, builders and car salesmen alike.

That was what started this discussion . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Some dealers, most builders, all bankers!

:lol: I love the TR Register Forum

I find Supermarkets are generally rip off merchants, screwing suppliers and selling for maximum profit

Tesco Sainsbury Etc are wondering why they are losing market share to Aldi and Lidl etc....

Hmmmmmm :ph34r:

Actually i have the dubious morals of the late 50 s motor trade (clearly things have changed since) to thank for an interest in TRs and triumphs generally

My dad as a young man wanted to buy a sports car and a famous yorkshire car dealer in harrogate/leeds were selling an XK120. Quite old by then it looked pretty good and he was being shown it by an enthusiastic salesman. Anyway, to test the integrity of the shiny paint job he discretely pressed against one suspect panel with a coin. To his surprise it gave way and produced a biggish hole. The salesman was none to pleased, and being young and bashful in those days he apologised and made a swift exit rather than point out that they were trying to flog him a hastily tarted up potential death trap!

Anyway, shortly after he purchased a1955 TR2 in BRG from a private seller in Knaresborough and then followed a succession triumphs culminating in a white 74 stag that he kept for just short of 40 years. Stories of that tr2 made me a fan from an early age.

Bankers are W*nkers and should be lined up and SHOT!! :angry::angry::angry:

Trouble is good old Tony Blair took our guns away from us. :angry::angry::angry:

I'd love to see that pratt trying to do the same in America!!

I hate Blair and the Labour party ~ but please don't mention LORD Prescott and the Jockstrap!! :angry::angry: :angry:

Tom. :(