Hi Guys,

Some advice please, just refitting my TR250 and about to put in the heater bulkhead connector, a simple but 'doooh' question, which way up does it go, the bent tube at the top or the bottom, it's so long since I stripped her and in the schematic drawings it always seems to be hidden :(!!!

Hope you can help out please

TRaah for now

Phil :blink:

post-9825-0-43178500-1401454145_thumb.jpg

The bent one goes inside the car at the bottom pointing away from the heater unit. I have just done this job and used photos of my original car as reference.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi again Guys & Gals,

Well its good to see TR agreement, I have two to one for the top? Still not sure which is right???

Help please?

Confused Phil

Hi Conrad,

No it won't be too late, thank you :)

Phil

Hi Stuart,

Thank you, great picture, so it the top for the bent pipe :P

Cheers

Phil

Presumably the same on the 6? JJC

4/5/250 and 6 are all the same even though 5/250&6 heaters are slightly different.

Stuart.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help, see pictures for future reference, thanks again :P

Phil

post-9825-0-73974700-1401822497_thumb.jpg

post-9825-0-36995100-1401822720_thumb.jpg

post-9825-0-88037800-1401822762_thumb.jpg

Oops a bit small, how's this?

post-9825-0-82973100-1401823050_thumb.jpg

post-9825-0-43999500-1401823080_thumb.jpg

post-9825-0-42878000-1401823104_thumb.jpg

Bu**er - I give up :blink:

Just sussed it sorry for the rambling :o

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Very useful thread. I have just replaced the hoses and this bulkhead piece (as mine was very corroded and had sprung a leak). I see from that pictures are taken from major rebuilds with the dashboard out. Looking at the pictures the jubilee clip tightener of the top hose in particular is above the hose and points to the right. This was the same on my car when I came to do the job, but I did mine with everything in place, and just removed the "minimum" to get access. I could not get a screw driver onto the heads of some of the jubilee clips to remove the hose, so I had to cut them off. Fortunately, they were the old type with two wires so I could get a bolt cutter onto the wire and cut them off. When I put mine back, I have put the jubilee clips with the heads all pointing down so that i can get a screw driver / socket onto the head to do it up / undo it. Although it is presumably "wrong", can I suggest to anyone doing this, that they consider turning the hose clips so that access is available from below as it will make it much easier to get the hoses off if you ever need to do so.

Nick