Have you seen the comment in the latest TRAction on the Register's parts quality initiative? Having been droning on for longer than I can remember about parts quality it has to be good news to see the Register taking this on and personally I'm very pleased. But I guess Forumites know that it will only work if we get behind it and support the good folk who've volunteered to run it.

Being a believer in getting something to happen, maybe we could help by flagging up our favourite bete noir through the forum, and jump the form filling stage. Mine would be those perishing rubber components. It drives me to distraction spending hours (not to mention the grazed knuckles) changing ball joint gaiters only to see the rubber perish a few days later.

JJC

Hi JJC,

please please please fill in the form.

It took quite a while to come up with all the info on the form and will help the chaps winkling out the problems.

The forum is great for highlighting problems but we also need deeper information.

Roger

Agree with Roger, nothing like stats as evidence to add impetus to TRR's onslaught on suppliers of poor quality parts.

I'd also like to see TRR organise data on modern replacements for failing items.

Rubber gaiters for TREs on moderns must last a couple of decades longer than the repro stuff JCC has come across. One or two must fit surely. Likewise steering rack gaiters, water hoses.

Peter

Hi Peter,

water hoses in general seem to work OK. Also there is the fancy silicon versions (mucho wonga).

If the steering rack and other things are still a problem then send the forms in and we'll get cracking.

Roger

As another who was banging on about spare quality I'm delighted about the new parts quality initiative and have to agree with Roger.

With out hard written evidence it would be very difficult to operate the scheme let alone convince suppliers,

at last we have something we`'ve been after for a while and now it needs input from the rest of us to make it work.

Cheers

Brian

Edited by brian -r

Hi Peter,

water hoses in general seem to work OK. Also there is the fancy silicon versions (mucho wonga).

If the steering rack and other things are still a problem then send the forms in and we'll get cracking.

Roger

Roger

For the benefit of all, and completeness.

What forms? Where are they obtained?

Cheers

Guy

Damn, this will open up a can of worms ..... :lol::lol:

Website Home page

Top righthand corner

Third item down - Parts Quality

This should open up a form - fill and return to the office (e-mail, post, direct link).

Do not expect to get answers by return of post. You all know how long it takes to get anything done. But things will be chased up as far as possible.

We will reply to all queries and I believe there are plans to have updates in TRAction of what has been going and progress.

There is no dedicated box on the forum for PQI but I'm sure we can get a controlled thread running.

Roger

Damn, this will open up a can of worms ..... :lol::lol:

Website Home page

Top righthand corner

Third item down - Parts Quality

This should open up a form - fill and return to the office (e-mail, post, direct link).

Do not expect to get answers by return of post. You all know how long it takes to get anything done. But things will be chased up as far as possible.

We will reply to all queries and I believe there are plans to have updates in TRAction of what has been going and progress.

There is no dedicated box on the forum for PQI but I'm sure we can get a controlled thread running.

Roger

Good job

Heres a link to the page

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/pqi/

Cheers

Guy

I had better get form filling. Te he

Thumbs up to Roger, Pete & co who finally got this thing off the ground! I also sincerely hope that some sort of M&E will come out of this and fed-back to the forums on regular basis i.e. number of queries; categories/type of parts involved; action taken by the suppliers, etc...

Hi Steph,

Don't forget Ian Brown. Without Ian I would be floundering.

I'm sure there will be feedback as and when we have some.

The software we have (thanks to Wayne Scott) will allow quite a bit of stats etc.

Answers found by members need also to be shared - like the ball joint gaiters.

What is M&E?

Roger