Securon Front Seat Belt Kit

Hi

Next job on my long list is replacing the standard non inertia reel belts with a Securon Front Seat Belt Kit, so before I start drilling holes in the inner wheel arch, an hints or tips would be appreciated, Pics of other installs would be fantastic, my focus being on the installation and location of the inertia reel mechanism.

Thanks

Rich

I have just fitted the same to mine, I had pre prepared mounting points in the lower rear wheel arch about 9" back from front edge, so fitting was simple just bolts and an appropriate sized socket for the inertia assembly and the front fixing at bottom of B post was the same, although I do have a mounting point on the floor close to rear tunnel as I have Mazda seats with a sliding catch point I use that so that my lady who is short can adjust seat and belt with ease.

• 8 years later...
On 2/20/2014 at 10:12 AM, tr6wilts said:

Hi

Next job on my long list is replacing the standard non inertia reel belts with a Securon Front Seat Belt Kit, so before I start drilling holes in the inner wheel arch, an hints or tips would be appreciated, Pics of other installs would be fantastic, my focus being on the installation and location of the inertia reel mechanism.

Thanks

Rich

This original post was a while ago, but I wondered how you got on. I'm at the start of this and from what ive read I expected anchor points to attached the belt to. However there isnt an anchor point at the bottom of the wheel arch for the retractor to attach to. Not keen on drilling holes in the arch but I guess this is what I have to do?

Thanks, Garry

Hi Gary

The centre clip part of the seat belt has its mounting point low down so I made up a bracket that fits under the carpet and allows the stalk part to fit in a more useable position picking up the original mounting holes, made from 50x6mm mild steel with a stop connected to the hand brake support.

photo below

Keith

C3205A3C-B14F-4CEC-9E1B-C37FC20C8429.jpeg

On another post I recently explained

why in my opinion the belt end and the stalk must point steep down and not flat back.

Search for „Nils Bolhin, 1959“ and see what he did when he inverted the 3 point belt for Volvo.

Steep down, not flat back.

Ciao, Marco