I have a surrey top rear window frame. Someone has cut a small piece out of the flange on one side. I'd like to think that once the door/window seal is in place it won't be seen or matter, but knowing my luck, it will.

Before I have it painted I'd like someone to weld in a very small repair patch for me (probably about an inch and a half by half an inch) to fill in the hole. Can anyone recommend a person who could do this for me in the Essex/East London/Kent area please?

Many thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes they can weld Alloy.They are doing my Surrey Backlite which is twisted due to aTR rollover in its former life and the tin lid.

Regards Harry.

They managed to straighten it out OK then Harry, FWIW if you are going to fit a new screen in it as opposed to an original then you had better hope that they got it exactly right as the new ones being laminate wont take any bending.

Stuart.

Hi Simon,

Thurston engineering have done aluminium welding for me in the past which was really neat.

They are based at Ongar and there number is 01277 362135

Cheers

Ian

No they have not done it yet, Stuart.They have a perfect one to compare with.I have the glass and it is laminated (new).So they will be able to see if it is right.I have nothing to loose if it does not work but everything to gain if it does.

Regards Harry