Calling all damson cars!

Hi all

I painted my 6 around 12 years ago and at that time I left it in its then signal red. This spring I decided to respray it again leaving it in red, however the more I looked into

the paint I had used originally I realized that to do the job properly I would really need to go make to metal. So what was a simply respray turned into a major job that lasted

6 months.

For this reason I decided I would return the car to its original Damson, which is a colour I have always thought suited the 6.

This winter I will be redoing the interior which is black, however I was considering using a different colour for the carpet to try and create a bit of a lift from the sea of black.

So have any of you damson cars out there done anything similar, or any other suggestion always welcome

Thanks

Cameron

Here is another pic, notice the chrome ring around the gear lever cover?....apparently it was from an MG... :o . It fits great and hides the small gaps around the base well.

Cheers

Tony

Vacuum.jpg

Hi Tony,

I like the chrome ring, any idea what model of MG it comes from?

Cheers

Graeme

The chrome rings looks great, I think that's from an MGB?

I used a polished alu ring from a Moto Lita steering wheel, looks good as well I think.

TLdQJJS.jpg

Cameron its not your Scottish upbringing has tainted your spending capabilities its too many wet and cold years running about in your old TR2 OLJ 559 thats rusted your wallet catch dear boy!!

Now I too am considering a colour change to my Carmine TR6 (black interior) and I am working on New Tan interior as I write this. Go on old friend just place your order and hang the consequences!!

Alan

Back in the mid/lateish 70's, subjectively there seemed to be quite a lot of damson TR6's around,

and it was just about my favourite colour for the 6.

Is this is a colour that has gone out of fashion, and been very much painted over?

Edited by amclpreston

Cameron its not your Scottish upbringing has tainted your spending capabilities its too many wet and cold years running about in your old TR2 OLJ 559 thats rusted your wallet catch dear boy!!

Now I too am considering a colour change to my Carmine TR6 (black interior) and I am working on New Tan interior as I write this. Go on old friend just place your order and hang the consequences!!

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the support, your getting the blame IF Jane sees the credit card statement. :)

Ok having spoken to John Skinner I will change the interior to light tan. He did say the H frame should stay black, however

I see Tony and others have changed both the frame and gear stick cover to the new colour.I think it looks better with it all light tan, however where are you getting your trim, or is John Skinner doing these to order?

Thanks

Cameron

Back in the mid/lateish 70's, subjectively there seemed to be quite a lot of damson TR6's around,

and it was just about my favourite colour for the 6.

Is this is a colour that has gone out of fashion, and been very much painted over?

I am fortunate to have a full history of my car from day one and I have an invoice for a change of colour and trim when the car was 5 years old. It was resprayed Carmine with a black interior

Cameron

Wow TRseks, what are the switches under your radio for?

Ejector seat, revolving number plates, oil slick...

:wacko::lol: yes that would be the way to go :D the thing is that they were all wired up to something by a previous owner, the left one is for high-low beam, second from left was for some fog lights which I removed so I decided to use it to power up the radio instead of using the ignition switch, the three others I was not able to understand what they are so I removed the cables and are now unused, I decided to leave them there as they look cool, I like switches :P

Hi Alan

Thanks for the support, your getting the blame IF Jane sees the credit card statement. :)

Ok having spoken to John Skinner I will change the interior to light tan. He did say the H frame should stay black, however

I see Tony and others have changed both the frame and gear stick cover to the new colour.I think it looks better with it all light tan, however where are you getting your trim, or is John Skinner doing these to order?

Thanks

Cameron

Cameron I think tan will work very nicely although I prefer New Tan myself as thats more in period for my car TR6 ( 1971 on a J) . Yes I too have spoken with John Skinner and will get the complete interior minus the seat covers? I am a bit of an originality freak and prefer the original seat covers to the re-mades! Thats what I am working to achieve at present. I will get there though. I will order new wool carpets in New Tan too which are a dark brown, darker than New Tan trim so good for contrast and keeps originality correct.

Its all down to personal taste concerning the H section but I would keep everything the way it was, namely black, adds a great contrast to the Tan or New Tan trim, anyway thats the way it was meant to be so thats how it will be!!

You better not my name into the card statement thing as Jane might belt me!! LOL

Cheers matey

Alan