The TR3B reaches the big time...

I've often wondered why Triumph never (AFAIK) officially badged TR3A and TR3B and registration/build documents define them both as TR3.

Then, with the TR4A IRS being a fairly radical departure from the TR4 they did actually give it an official name of its own, but why not TR5?

Explaining the differences between the various models to non-Triumph people could have been so much easier.

Good point, Stan. Getting the TR3B on "The Cars" listing should be pretty easy now that we have some momentum, eh?

Some additional TR3B images (not my cars). Of the 3334 produced of these US-only models, a pretty high proportion seems to have survived.

TCF5XL (unrestored, same second owner since 1966. The first owner had interesting taste in accessories)

i-NhGfqCv-L.jpg

TCF14XXL (prior to full restoration over the last year)

i-RWmhL2q-L.jpg

TCF24XXL (same owner since c1966, coverted to race car in period with all the S-T competition parts and restored in last five years)

i-2vSG6V6-L.jpg