4 Point Harness Users - Reaching the Handbrake

Or replace the harnesses. The PO fitted them to my 3A and they are a PITA.

At the IWE I photographed all the 3 point, retractable belts in 3As as I could and have found a company that supplies the belts in a range of colours with aircraft type buckles. Still need to ascertain best mounting position before biting the bullet and swapping over.

Miles

You'll only discover the virtue of full harness belts if you have a real big accident - go low flying at the ton and whatever you hit is going to hurt . . . . . as opposed to not feeling anything at all. Three point retractable belts are no substitute for a proper harness.

Unfortunately the OE sidescreen handbrake becomes unuseable unless you're a gorilla.

Cheers

Alec

Choose between full harness seat belts and easy access to the handbrake ? No contest, park the bloody thing in gear,...oh and remember to fit the alloy rear firescreen behind your fibreboard in the cockpit, life saver.

Mick Richards

In 2011, I drove TS2 which has 3-point seat belts for over 3 weeks and the one over the shoulder was always falling down to my elbow. Someone told me that I might get stopped by the police if they caught me driving with that upper "over-the-shoulder" belt down at my elbow. There was no way I could keep that upper belt up on my shoulder so I ignored it.

On my own 1958 TR3A, I have 2-point lap belts which I installed in 1959 when I decided to start to rally my TR.

So that's why you had the kissing contest with the Welsh stone wall, Don . . . . ? :wub:

It wasn't the wall jumping out and attacking you after all, nor yet the dishy young lambs distracting visitors, you'd just got your elbow all wound up in the belt !!! :D;)

And for those who didn't see it, TS2 was fine, a few dents and scrapes down the left side didn't slow the old girl down, sure looked impressive at IWE Harrogate to see TS2 with battle scars, and I'd guess the wall survived as walls usually do.

Cheers

Alec