I'm in the process of replacing the scuttle vent lid arrangement on my car, a previous owner had filled over the lid. The hinge arrangement, spring catch, vent link(?)and fixing for the vent link are all missing although the bit of the mechanism fixed to the scuttle vent is still there. So, I've order the a replacement vent lid & mechanism from Moss however, after a failed delivery date Moss are now unsure when the item will be available. I've tried SC parts they say up to ten days, but I've been let down before.

Do any of you have any recommendations where I can get the Lid & mechanism from?

Regards

Kevin

Try the rest of the usual suspects e.g. TR Shop, TR Bitz, TR Trader, TR Improvements, Revingtons.

Stuart.

Kevin,

I have a spare lid in my garage somewhere, I might also have some (but not all bits of mechanism). They have seen better days but might be better than nothing at all. PM me if you are interested.

Rgds Ian

Kevin, you'll need someone available with very small hands and long fingers, as the vent mechanism is a right drag to fit and adjust. The pull rod adjuster has such a tiny nut that it's hard to find a spanner small enough to tighten it up.

Sometimes the hinge has to be packed up with small flat washers so the front of the vent sits down flush with the scuttle. If the front of the vent lid is left high, it fouls the rear lip of the bonnet as it's being raised.

Viv

Hello all,

many thanks chaps, Brian I think your lid would do the trick all I'd need is the link between the rotating bit of the mech and the lid, I could probably make that. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of said link?

Brian I'll PM you to sort something out.

Regards

Kevin

• 7 months later...

I do need the spring clip, but I need a lot more of the components there as well... so if possible will try and get it all in one go. If not, I may be in touch. Hope that's OK Jimt.

Moss have just confirmed that the mechanism comes with a vent new lid. Their parts diagram just does not indicate this. It looks as though it's £66.95 though... again, a lot when all I need is the three small pieces of metal and some fixings. :(

Edited by clive

Try Loucas in the TR shop. he bought a "restoration project 57 TR3 " from me last year, which was a pretty much a basket case (& extreemly rusty),

I am sure the box of bits included all the parts for the vent flap - probably available if he is not selling the car on as a whole.

I found the after market rubber seals were a bit on the small side, & needed very good glue to keep them in place.

I did not have any trouble with the bonnet hitting the flap though.

Bob.