5 Cylinders Woes

I'm more of a Spit n Polish owner me...but I don't mind getting the spanners out and doing mechanical jobs if needs be...But I've never understood Electrical stuff...Wiring is a total mistery to me, as is Ignition Timing!...So if I take out the Dizzy to send it off the the 'Distributor Doctor'...My plan is to remove the Spark Plugs and turn the Engine over manually to Top Dead Centre on No.1 cylinder and Remove the Dizzy.

When it comes back all shiney and new...do I just turn the Rota Arm to point at No.1 in the Cap and bung it back in then?

All new hoses, including the one to the MU, fitted........ Running great again !

Bosch pump is distinctly quieter, I did up the size of the hoses from the tank a little but I think the 'problem' was a short length of hose on the input side of the pump that was very old/tired/cracked and generally knackered.

Engine is smoother, especially at idle, and it's not just me the girlfriend asked what I had done as he car was so different.

Hoping this is the end of my 5 cylinder 6, whole fle system is in good shape and newish.......

Steve

Ps, strobe timing is very easy, and timing guns aren't very expensive.

Steve

Fingers crossed, but as we still run PI, the next problem is only a turn of a key away :wacko::wacko::wacko::blink:

Steve

Fingers crossed, but as we still run PI, the next problem is only a turn of a key away :wacko::wacko::wacko::blink:

Ha ha, ain't that the truth!

Well, that's the Dizzy posted off to the 'Doc'...wonder how long that'll take to come back...and wether it's the cure?

8 weeks!!! Summer..if we get one will be over by then!