Grease Nipples

I'd swop the grease nipples back after greasing.If the long grease nipple doesn't "clear " with flexing , I guess you will end up with a bent grease nipple and a damaged thread on the propshaft.

A no brainer in my books but maybe someone on the Forum knows for sure.

Bob

I have been running an uprated prop shaft with long-stem nipples (which were fitted by the supplier, Revington) for several years, and no problems.

Ian Cornish

I have just removed the small nipple, fitted a long one and greased the unit and then refitted the short one, however I would like to keep the long one in for future greasing but it does look a bit strange but if Ian says it should be ok then thats good enough for me.

Does anyone know what thread the nipples should be or are they a tapered thread as the new long one seemed a bit tight so I only put it in a few turns.

regards Lee

There are several different threads for grease nipples. Some are tapered and some are parallel.

Stuart.

If you jack the car up on the chassis or diff and then put the jack under the swinging arm and lift that a small amount you should be able to rotate the shaft to a position where the gun will go on.It won't go on if the shaft is hanging down

Dennis

Can you suggest where you can get pointed end grease gun from, as I dont believe I have seen one before.

Cheers Carl

Thanks Dennis, Stuart I promise to only use when I haven't had a Guinness, vino or scotch! That doesn't leave much time to use it! :D