TR6 wiring upgrade

Now that I have it all apart, i want to put in an upgraded wiring harness.

Has anyone developed an interesting one. I have seen the advance auto development in the US and feel it might just be an overkill. All I want to do is incorporate a 65amp alternator, two banks of fuses for better separation, bosch pump, kenlowe fan, HID headlights, foglights, power socket, a massive power amp :).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sarajit

+1 for Autosparks. I found them very helpful and efficient.

If you tell them what you want to add they will incorporate it into the loom using correct wiring guages and colours.

Mods like electric fan, Bosch fuel pump with relay in the cut out circuit, hazard flashers, voltmeter instead of ammeter, uprated alternator, fused relays in the headlight circuits etc are all common and straightforward. My front loom cost about £200 a couple of years ago and about £50 for the rear loom.

If you have specific locations for relays/switches/fuses etc then I'd recommend making a sketch of your old loom and annotating (with distances) where you want the extra bits. For example, I wanted the wires to the fan to come in from the left but the wires to the thermostat to cross to the right.

David

+4 For Autosparks.

They built a custom loom for my TR6 which included: Alternator conversion, voltmeter, interior lights in the footwells, extra lights in the boot, electric radiator fan with manual overide, electric aerial, clock, map reading light, driving lamps and so on and so on. Even provision for EPS if I ever decide to fit it. Virtually everything with fuses and relays. An excellent job. Highly recommended.

Tony

Edited by Bald Rick

Sarajit

I drew a plan of the car and showed where I wanted everything, fuses, relays, interior lights, radiator fan, overdrive switch, coil, extra boot lights, spotlights, etc, etc make sure you include everything. Then another plan of the dash and H frame showing all the instruments, switches, map light, clock, etc, etc and I let them design the loom.

Tony

No comment :ph34r:

Comment No1 -

You will not be using an ampmeter then?

Comment No2 -

- 1 to much money to sort out a simple error and no recompense :angry: ie one main wire missing

Neil, you crack me up! :D:D

Guy, is your 3A still on Positive earth and if so do you have any auxiliary wiring fitted to your loom?

Whilst I was happy with the overall price and quality of my Autosparks loom for TuRK (Pos earth) I requested additional wiring for my Kenlowe, a 12V charger and a map light and gave clear instructions how I wanted it wired. The Kenlowe wiring was included in the main lighting loom i..e exiting on the driver's side of the engine bay, which meant the rerouting the feed from the Kenlowe (I specifically asked for it to be routed on the passenger's side) and the wiring was wrong for the 12V charger and map light - they had wired them for Neg earth, although it was an easy fix to switch the wires I should not have had to.

So, if you want anything thing added to the loom just make sure you get what you order from Autosparks,

Cheers

Andrew

+ n for AutoSparks

They built me a loom for my TR3 with additional bits of wiring, electric fan & reverse lights.

I also bought a proper bullet crimping tool from them to do mods and repairs neatly.

Cheers

Peter W