Jump to content


TR Register Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About WWT338J

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Sometimes driving slowly over bumpy ground with a passenger pulling the release handle works. If there is some play in the bonnet hinges then pushing and pulling the front of the bonnet with a passenger pulling the release handle may work. The thing to avoid is levering up the corner of the bonnet next to the latch as that buggers the bonnet permanently. David
  2. Tim Willis who runs Willow Triumph near Darlington is very good as long as you don't mind waiting https://www.willowtriumph.co.uk/ David
  3. WWT338J

    TR6 Wiring

    This may help also https://www.ovtc.net/uploads/9/5/1/6/9516577/wiring_colour_codes.pdf David
  4. The negative side is probably safer because the isolator device has exposed metalwork. The battery voltage is low so the risk is not elective shock but the potential risk of something else in the engine bay making inadvertent contact with the isolator and causing a short (such as the battery hold down clamp). It's also worth remembering that with time some oxidation of the isolator contacts may occur. If you try and start the engine the starter motor will be sluggish as if the battery is flat. The cure is to unscrew the isolator and then tighten it up again. David
  5. Do these help? David Hardtop fitting instructions.pdf
  6. I sent my dash to this company to refurbish a few years ago http://www.chapmanandcliff.co.uk/ I asked them to sand and lacquer as the veneer was ok. You can specify the finish in terms of matt/gloss or somewhere in between. The finished result was outstanding and the turn around time quick. David
  7. Wise men, I have an annoying persistent minor oil leak from somewhere near the back of my cylinder head gasket following a head removal some years ago when I had unleaded valve seats inserted and the head resurfaced. I used a Payen gasket and have always used Payen gaskets in the past. I'm planning to replace the gasket and wondered about a Lucas gasket. The thin bead of silicone around the perimeter looks appealing. I realise "Lucas" has nothing to do with the Lucas of old. I've never seen these gaskets advertised in the UK despite the (US) claim that they are made in the UK. Has anyone
  8. Phil These might help. You may also need to adjust the height stop for the door windows. David TR6 Hardtop factory instructions.pdf
  9. Hi Peter Thank you for the link to Think. That's what I will get although I've finally got the copper pipe installed. David
  10. Dear Both Thanks for the replies. Mike I like the sound of your set up. The specs of the hose sound good. Did you fit swaged ends to the hose? I’m anxious at the thought of using jubilee clips. If so where did you get the pipe made up? David
  11. Dear Wise Men I'm mid way through a job I wish I'd not started... When I first got my CP-series TR6 many years ago I converted the fuel pump to Bosch and adjusted the pressure. The boot has smelt of fuel ever since. I replaced the pump to PRV hose with an expensive braided hose from Revington some time ago without improvement. I subsequently fitted a new style pressure regulating valve. There is a slight weep of fuel from the short copper pipe that joins the PRV to the fuel line under the car (77 in the diagram). I assume messing around with the PRV has deformed the flange on
  12. WWT338J


    Agree with Harlequin. Quite safe. Often just replacing the upper bush takes the play out of the steering column and you can do this with the column in place. David
  13. Methylene dicloride was the chemical that made Nitromors paint stripper work. It's volatile and neurotoxic - it penetrates rubber gloves and makes your fingers go numb (temporarily!). It's great at stripping paint. Nitromors no longer has methylene dichloride in it and consequently is now pretty much useless. David
  14. Andy I used this firm http://www.ableblastclean.co.uk/index.HTML based in Tockwith to soda blast the shell of my TR6 about 10 years ago. John, I think. Nice bloke, reasonable rates. He did a good job and sprayed the fresh metal with etch primer for me. Awful communications and he took bloody ages! Anyhow, the body has stood up well. The doors, bonnet and boot were dipped which, of course, takes what little paint was originally applied off the edges you can't see so there are some signs of rust appearing there. David
  15. I think sometimes spacers were fitted to counteract 'batchelors lean'. A pretty girl in the passenger seat seems a better option. David
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.