silverstone alloy wheels

hi all

found the price for the silverstone alloy wheels on ebay.com priced at $785-£497 for 4 and postage $98-£58,says on the web site they are alloy ,you can get them in gun metal grey or silver centers with polished edges,they seem a good price to me ,and look good on the web site, not sure if they will stand up to racing and rallying , like the old american racing wheels did, time will tell.

H

Just to add to this thread, I have been in email contact with Graham, the Canadian gentleman who supplies these and he will alos supply the nuts for a small extra consideration. I quote: -

"Hi David,

I can supply the proper lug nuts with the wheel for an additional cost of $40. The lug nuts that work with my wheel are much more heavy duty than the ones used on my original silverstones. Hence the price. $40. is my cost so I'm not making any profit on the lug nuts. The nuts are very similar to what Toyota has been using on their Lexus & SUV vehicles. They are not tapered. Hope this helps.

Regards,"

I had expressed concerns about getting the right fastenings in a previous email.

I think a total cost of about £600 compares favourably with home grown alternatives, given the scarcity of this look.

Yes indeed ! Well spotted H

Don't forget that you will end up paying some serious carriage and customs duty if they come direct from outside the EU, so go carefully,

Regards

Tony

Email exchange with Gerald in Canada the maker: the wheels are aluminium alloy and 6inch rims so would not go with and FIA car which is limited to 5.5rims There is no experience on racing or competition/rallying so would be a risk on VC car if it might be used in anger. The originals were found to be strong enough but I think they were magnesium. In fact my KNs survive all the treatment they get on all my road rallies- magnesium minilites at 450 +vat each ok but what advantage?

Having said all that I like them and would put them on my car and try them.

Regards

Michael

• 1 month later...

duty paid etc and carriage paid about 900 plus for four! its the shipping and the 20% eu tax on items made in china, that is the killer! :( i really like them may be they could send over a container load! :):rolleyes: nuts and bolts

Rally wise 10 mins tops :ph34r: on a rough un :wacko:

That's what the 'experts' said before the Shell 4000 back in '64, wasn't it?

(I'll let our resident pedant fill in the details!!)

AlanR

• 5 years later...

Just been looking at these on the net. Are they made in China or in Canada. I am hoping the latter. Are they any good???

They have been out for awhile now so feed back would be good. I just love the look of them.

What is the best tyres out there for my TR5.

Regards Harry