Brake master cylinder cap

I'd like to use my Ezi-bleed kit when I do a brake overhaul on my 6 shortly. Its a brilliant way of changing fluid in next to no time and its excellent at getting any air out too.

Unfortunately Gunsons don't supply a suitable cap for the brake master cylinder...

I'm sure it would be possible to adapt a standard cap, but I don't want to start hacking mine about.

Has anyone got an old one they might be prepared to let me have?  Its the very large plastic type - about 95mm in diameter.

Many thanks

• 8 years later...

Much like BryanD I'd like to Ezi-bleed my brakes, so need a spare MC cap to 'modify' to suit.

Des anyone have an old cap they could spare?

Steve

Thanks Neil and Andrew.

I actually did that last night, but its too wet today to see if it worked!

Steve

This definitely does help, my brakes were significantly better after two nights wedged on with a broken broom :-)

My guess is the sustained pressure in the system speeds up gas dissolving in the brake fluid and so dispersing any air bubbles. Once the air bubbles in the brake fluid have dissolved they wont easily reform in the cold parts of the system.

• 7 years later...

Unfortunately I have no old cap to spend,

but a question to the "pedal under pressure-trick":

sometimes when I apply the break the sound is a bit "pumpy", similar if I would push an air bellow (don´t know how to describe it better).  But not always, sometimes it after few minutes of driving. Could this be the air in the system and the pedal-under-pressure-trick would cure it?

1 hour ago, Casar66 said:

Unfortunately I have no old cap to spend,

but a question to the "pedal under pressure-trick":

sometimes when I apply the break the sound is a bit "pumpy", similar if I would push an air bellow (don´t know how to describe it better).  But not always, sometimes it after few minutes of driving. Could this be the air in the system and the pedal-under-pressure-trick would cure it?

It wont hurt but that sound maybe servo.

Stuart.