Hi All,

Am cleaning up my carbs and have all the seals etc to replace.

On one of the levers, see picture the ball ends are badly worn.

Part no 89 (106756) apparently NLS

http://www.moss-euro...ateIndexID=2107

These ends seem to be screwed into the Bellcrank lever

DSC01336.jpg

Any ideas where i can get new ends?

Another query , is it advisable to fit a heat shield under the carbs to prevent vapourisation,

can anyone recommend a supplier?

Cheers

GUY

Edited by Jersey Royal

Guy, if carby shops or SU people such as Burlens don't have the exact same ball fittings, there are slightly different versions available. The ones I've used have a 4.5mm shank that goes through the threaded bellcrank hole and fixes with a washer and nut. (same fixing as the ball fittings on the short link rod).

They don't catch on anything - the vacuum line from the front carby should be well away from the bellcrank.

Regards,

Viv.

PS. Should have mentioned that shields do reduce carby heat soak from the exhaust manifiold, thus helping avoid vapour lock and assisting with hot starting. Reports suggest they also help overcome engine run on.Try Moss UK as Moss Motors US has them in stainless as part 865-205.

Edited by vivdownunder
Should have mentioned that shields do reduce carby heat soak from the exhaust manifiold, thus helping avoid vapour lock and assisting with hot starting. Reports suggest they also help overcome engine run on.Try Moss UK as Moss Motors US has them in stainless as part 865-205.

i installed the shield as well during the restoration of my 3A. I never have any problems with heat, vapour lock etc. The shield works fine. I got mine from The Roadster Factory.

Menno

Thanks Pink , Viv and Menno for you links and input.

I have found that Revington seem to have the small ball ends listed on there website.

http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/product_display.asp?mscssid=5VP8UMBELLN99G6RMTQTTBUJCQ605E4F&ProductID=106765NS

Thanks Menno for the heat shield info, i am sure in the past i have seen these listed in the Uk

somewhere.

Am going through my rebuild parts for the carbs that i got in July.

The Cork Gland seals, when i was doing research i read somewhere that these

should be soaked in oil all for 24 hrs, but others had soaked them in water instead.

Is this the correct?

Thanks

Guy

The ball ends on my car are somewhat worn, but perhaps not as badly as your pictures. My research indicates that they are part of the vertical link and are shown in the Roadster Factory catalogue as part of p/n 148496.

Regards,

John