Rad shroud for a TR5

Guys

seen this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250810816375&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

and was wondering whether to buy them for my TR5 to improve cooling. I know they didnt have a Rrad shroud, not sure about the 250 but look neat, cheap and helpful. Welcome views on this before I spend

Thanks

robin

Hi Robin

I too have been considering these - but as there doesn't appear to be much issue with cooling I reckon I will leave it... Do you have cooling probs with yours then?

Brgds

Hi Robin,

I use the cardboard ones in my cars. Can't say they improve cooling ( no issues there ) but they may keep some of the leaves/bugs out of the engine bay.

I rather appreciate the free flow of air over the manifolds vs. the TR6 arrangement :mellow: With Webers the inlet air comes from behind the radiator too, so better to have cool air bypass it.

I've had a few 'cooling issues' but they have been transient so I'll try changing/removing thermostat and chganging sender. Its just that assuming the weather stays this way it will get hotter and I've noted the teemp rising(in the car) in traffic jams etc. I assume they aid cooling and were original equipment on TR250 (there must have been a reason , I assume)

Robin

Hi Robin

I have bought several items from this seller & can say the quality is good. No connection etc just a satisified customer. B)

P.S. I know he makes items for Harry TR Nutter

Regards

Mike

I've had a few 'cooling issues' but they have been transient so I'll try changing/removing thermostat and chganging sender. Its just that assuming the weather stays this way it will get hotter and I've noted the teemp rising(in the car) in traffic jams etc. I assume they aid cooling and were original equipment on TR250 (there must have been a reason , I assume)

Robin

I have a TR6 and have not had the shroud fitted for a long time. At highway speeds it stays cool just fine, around town and in traffic the temps do rise. I live in a hot climate and have never had overheating issues when on the move.

I doubt the shroud will do much for you in traffic jams and slow running.

Guys

seen this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250810816375&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

and was wondering whether to buy them for my TR5 to improve cooling. I know they didnt have a Rrad shroud, not sure about the 250 but look neat, cheap and helpful. Welcome views on this before I spend

Thanks

robin

When I fitted a stag engine into my 250 I made a rad shroud out of aluminium sheet that went round all three sides, leaving just a hole for the air cleaner.

Since there is no room for a mechanical fan, and with the reputation the Stag engine has for overheating, I thought I would give it all the help I could

Must have worked ok as it has been in place for at least fifteen years now, and the TR rad is perfectly capable of cooling the Stag engine

The main benefit will be seen in traffic as with no forward movement the hot air in the engine bay will be constantly recirculated through the rad

Neil