Centre console progress and door capping

Been working on the console again, have to cover the lid yet, but a chrome rim from an MGB doesnt look too bad.

The finger pulls on the door top edges are £50 each so am covering them with material, and will fit a pair of TR4 handles.

doorandconsole002.jpg

doorandconsole001.jpg

Not sure if it was worth the effort really.

Looking nice Pete, I would have left the door tops just painted a la TR4 if you didnt fancy the top rolls but the material looks pretty good.

Stuart.

Hi Pete

Looking great, any chance of the dimensions please, have been waiting for an update. B)

Cheers

Mike

Hello Mike I can make and send you a template if you wish but this wont work with a standard alloy "H" section, its too high.

I bought another one and cut the top off, lowering the gearbox hols by about an inch then welding it up again, only then I found that it would not go over the gearbox lever housing which is why I then sawed the top 2" of the section, thern made a few holes and plates to bolt it up again when in position, let me know.

Pete Jeff is still waiting for your call re the other parts.

Stuart.

That centre section looks very well done, like a TVR without the clumsiness. Is there clearance to get the carpet underneath, or do you intend otherwise?

Ivor

Pete Jeff is still waiting for your call re the other parts.

Stuart.

Hello Stuart,

I will call him tomorrow, I have been putting it off due to the English disease,namely stiff upper lip and not wanting to rock the boat, but your dead right I will give him a call, will report back too.

Looking nice Pete, I would have left the door tops just painted a la TR4 if you didnt fancy the top rolls but the material looks pretty good.

Stuart.

Stuart, you may as usual be on the money, I have always thought that the best looking dashboard was the original TR4 white painted one. Had I

had the nerve to go with this dash on the 250 I would have left the door tops white too.

But we all differ Tony wants walnut door tops others Teak, personally I didnt want a Bechstein type dash and bought my dash used from an original TR5. and it isnt as woody if you know what I mean.

That centre section looks very well done, like a TVR without the clumsiness. Is there clearance to get the carpet underneath, or do you intend otherwise?

Ivor

Hello Ivor yes there is room for the carpet, should I ever recieve it from the trimmer! been waiting about 2 months for the carpet, apparently there is a shortage of red carpet, I am running out of patience.

If I can live with the centre console I will probably make it againn with better materials and a bit more padding in the sided but we shall see!