Good Day All

The flock lining inside my door pockets is all coming off, being deposited on all the things stored in the pockets.

Has anybody had this trouble? and has anybody any ideas on how to re-line these items? The flock lining in the glove box has not shown the same problem.

Hope someone can help, as my door pockets look real scruffy as they are now.

Dave

The flocking in my door pockets still looks like new. I bought the entire interior from Jim Hawkins when he was in Whitney 20 years ago. Unfortunately for TR owners, Jim is no longer in the TR business. I don't put much in the pockets. If I do, the items are soft and/or small.

What's all this flocking talk about door pockets?

My pockets are the originals and are a buff coloured hard cardboard material which is looking a bit tatty now, so I shall just spray them matt black............ :rolleyes:

Cheers

Andrew

My pockets are the originals and are a buff coloured hard cardboard material

which is looking a bit tatty now

Andrew,

Originally, they had a flock finish.

This is definitely a case of "flock off".

AlanR

Reminds me of the film Meet the Flockers.

Thin felt is a realistic replacement.

Viv

Thanks Digger! I think the felt idea would be better, as I dont have any carpeting left as per Raymond's idea. Red felt maybe a little bright but then so is the flock.

Don - I don't carry much in the doors either, just a chamois and the bonnet key, which I remove when I park up.

Thanks to all, I think that closes it!

Dave

Dave - I leave the "T" coach key in the bottom of the door pocket wnen I park my TR3A even in a public place. With the tonneau cover closing the whole interior, I have never had anyone try to lift the dots. Even if they did, modern cars don't have door pockets, so no-one would even think to look in them. And finally, if someone managed all this, they wouldn't know what the coach key is for.

You could also try fleece fabric: the stuff sweaters are made off. I tried it when I had plans constructing my own door panels. Thick cardboard with glue sprayed on an then pieces of fleece attached to the cardboard. It worked fine. But then I found a guy who had constructed a few door pockets as a project and I bought a pair from him.

Menno

Although I have never tried it, I know that www.frost.co.uk, sell flock and the adhesive. I am sure that it is available cheaper elsewhere!

Rod

Dave, Ashley's link to Skinner reminded me that when I rebuilt the Mk2 Jag, the sides of the seat bases were covered in "Moquette".

This is a material with a finish very much like flock. Whereas red felt might be too bright, the Jag red Moquette was slightly darker than the scarlet Connolly hides for the seats.

Skinners might be kind enough to mail you a small sample of the Mk2 Jag red Moquette.

Regards,

Viv.