agreed valuation on tr4a

hi all

after purchasing my tr4a last year, i have now completed a few jobs that needed doing , (not taking too much credit, most of it was done by the guy who restored the car!) i have had it out a few times in the dry over the winter to keep it running , but now it is time to get and drive it properly and therefore insure it properly (have only been using it on my motor trade policy up to now)

i would love to have an agreed valuation on it, how do i go about doing this? do most people recommend i use towergate?

thanks pete

Pete

For an agreed valuation, Towergate sent me a form that required to be completed together with the submission of a few photographs. In addition, I have had a valuation done by a suitable garage - once was Murrey Scott Nelson (AH restorer) that was local to me and the next time was on completion of a good amount of work at TR Enterprises. Just posted off and value was agreed. This if I recall lasts for two years.

Hope this helps!

Brgds

I agree with Ian.

Going on the form from 2 years ago, the figures do not refelct the real market. I would suggest the Garage backed valuation, backed up with photos. You can go for the enhanced reinstatement option if you wish...and I would.

We have both our TRs insured through Towergate on the TRR policy and cocncur with Mal about the 25% or 50% reinstatement uplift options. Just be aware, though, that the uplift only applies to recovery of the car after an accident, so make sure it dosen't get stolen or you will only get the basic agreed value.

thanks to all three of you for your replys - i shall contact towergate today , but i think you have about hit the problem on the head for me - what i paid for the car last year, although a bit of a bargain at the time,and with the work i have done over the winter you would now not buy the car back for that sort of money, so shall take some photos and try and get it to a recognised dealer for a vaulation - hoping its all irrelevant and i never have to claim!!!

thanks pete

Reinstatement option is a MUST for our cars - even if one did all the work oneself, I feel sure it would be impossible to reinstate the TR after a bad accident for the basic Agreed Value. For a standard (or near standard) TR, I would go for 50% - the cost is very little for peace of mind.

Ian Cornish