He's BAAAAAAAAAAACK !!!

Hello Folks,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

I will relay this to you Englanders, and let you decide whether it is legitimate or not.

It looks like Gerald Blas is back, under a new name. I had advertised on my local Triumph Club's website for a new wheel. This morning, I received a response from Martin Collins, Liverpool Street, England,

The name and street are new, and there is no city or township, but the phone number is the same as ol' Gerald Blas.

I am a little surprised, as I had heard thru the grapevine that Gerald (in Worcester?) had met an untimely demise. I didn't bother contacting Martin

I receive my pension check on January 1st, at which time I will order a NEW wheel from Dayton. I will pay top dollar of course, but they guarantee that they can make a 60-spoke wheel with the same width dimensions as the original 4" wire wheel on the TR2. As you know, I just want a wheel that will fit my spare wheel tub!

Enjoy your holiday.

P.S. I would like to post this to the British Car Forum, but I have been kicked off there and have been locked out of their website. I have some good "friends" on there, on the Triumph forum, and would like to warn them. If any of you have access to British Car Forum.com, please post my information above, as they would like to hear it. Thanx in advance.

Why?

Hey Neil. Nothing profound here. The membership and the webmaster took exception to the tone of one of my posts. (I posted the exact same message on here, and didn't hear one word about it.) I started off by saying that I wanted ONLY people who had experience with my problem, that I did NOT want a bunch of unrelated ****, as I was in a hurry to get my problem resolved.

Background: That website is a wonderful source for quick information (no USA-European time delay). The problem with the site is that you have to plow thru mountains of **** to get to what you want. For example, you will post a message asking "how do I reverse the polarity on my TR3?" The first response will say, "I don't know anything about reversing polarity, but I got stung by a bee in my TR3 yesterday." Then, there will follow FIFTY-THREE messages on bee-stings, and YOU have to either (1) read thru all this **** to see if anyone posted a response to your question, or (2) give up and go to another forum and try your question there.

I wanted to "nip this in the bud," so I basically started off with an "if you don't know, don't respond," or words to that effect. Like I said, I posted the exact same message here, and received no negative response. I started off the post with a qualification right up front!

There are TWO GUYS on there who are REALLY HELPFUL and KNOWLEDGEABLE, and know as much about TRs as anybody alive. (If you are not familiar with the forum, I highly recommend it: BritishCarForum.com - they have forums for each British marque. If you sift thru all the chaff, you will find some wheat.)

Happy holidays to all.

Edited by TR3BGeorge

................you will post a message asking (say) "how do I reverse the polarity on my TR3?" The first response will say, "I don't know anything about reversing polarity, but I got stung by a bee in my TR3 yesterday." Then, there will follow FIFTY-THREE messages on bee-stings,

Funny guy (I laughed anyway)laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hey Neil. Nothing profound here. The membership and the webmaster took exception to the tone of one of my posts. (I posted the exact same message on here, and didn't hear one word about it.) I started off by saying that I wanted ONLY people who had experience with my problem, that I did NOT want a bunch of unrelated ****, as I was in a hurry to get my problem resolved.

Background: That website is a wonderful source for quick information (no USA-European time delay). The problem with the site is that you have to plow thru mountains of **** to get to what you want. For example, you will post a message asking "how do I reverse the polarity on my TR3?" The first response will say, "I don't know anything about reversing polarity, but I got stung by a bee in my TR3 yesterday." Then, there will follow FIFTY-THREE messages on bee-stings, and YOU have to either (1) read thru all this **** to see if anyone posted a response to your question, or (2) give up and go to another forum and try your question there.

I wanted to "nip this in the bud," so I basically started off with an "if you don't know, don't respond," or words to that effect. Like I said, I posted the exact same message here, and received no negative response. I started off the post with a qualification right up front!

There are TWO GUYS on there who are REALLY HELPFUL and KNOWLEDGEABLE, and know as much about TRs as anybody alive. (If you are not familiar with the forum, I highly recommend it: BritishCarForum.com - they have forums for each British marque. If you sift thru all the chaff, you will find some wheat.)

Happy holidays to all.

Hey George

Thanks, It does happen on here sometimes and it can get on the nerves.And have a good Holiday yourself

I sympathise with your frustration over excessive thread drift and "for that reason, I will not be investing in BCF" (to quote a well-used phrase from Dragon's Den).biggrin.gif

However, it would seem sensible to try to recruit these two guys to join this Forum. I'm sure they would learn even more from some of the people on here.

I once hit a hornet in my TR4 does that count tongue.gif

My next door neighbour once broke up a Wolseley Hornet coupe for scrap, but it was a long time ago.

Ivor