Yes, my TR is half a century old tomorrow, according to it's Certificate. Built on November 12 and shipped to Los Angeles a few days later. Most of you followed my Restoration Updates over the last few years. And the car is back in business since April 09. (Now stored in a heated garage, just standing there, waiting for Spring 2010).

I'm going to buy a cake tomorrow with '50' on the icing. For the first time my kids see the benefit of an old car...

Anyway, I wrote this earlier this year already: I'll send 50 GBP to the Spares Fund I think this is a good moment to chip in!

Menno

P1040485.jpg

Edited by Menno van Rij

Yes, my TR is half a century old tomorrow, according to it's Certificate. Built on November 12 and shipped to Los Angeles a few days later. Most of you followed my Restoration Updates over the last few years. And the car is back in business since April 09. (Now stored in a heated garage, just standing there, waiting for Spring 2010).

I'm going to buy a cake tomorrow with '50' on the icing. For the first time my kids see the benefit of an old car...

Anyway, I wrote this earlier this year already: I'll send 50 GBP to the Spares Fund I think this is a good moment to chip in!

Menno

Hi Menno,

Congratulations for the beautiful car!

Mine was 50 on the 2nd November.

I wonder where and in what condition will these cars be in 2059. (And may I dare to ask myself who will be the owner?)

Cheers.

Jesus

PS. I had not time yet to dismantle the gearbox you sent to me.

@ all: thank you for your kind words! I'm off to the bakery shop in a few minutes for some cake and candles :P

In 2059, I'll be 101 years old... I don't think that I'll be driving my TR then. Although... I had a conversation with one of my uncles last Saturday (92 years old!) and he still drives his 1984 BMW 3 series on a daily basis! In fact, his drivers license was renewed last month! He passed the physical (and psychological) tests with flying colours. So, there's still hope that I will be able :D

@ Jesus: don't worry about the 'box; the wine was 'dismantled' a few months back. Great wine, I tell you!

Menno

Happy Birthday to your car. Looks wonderful Menno. :D:D

Credit to you. Offer the car a beer...if it doesn't drink it, then I suggest you do.