Stainless Steel Bumpers

For some time now Group Harrington is offering stainless steel bumpers for a range of TR's on Ebay and via their website.

I am considering to buy a set of new bumpers and wonder if these bumpers are a good option. They say on their site that they are an exact copy of the originals.

Has anybody fitted these bumpers on a TR6? If so, whats the quality like, do the fit , are they an exact copy?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I brought some for my TR4A about 3 months back. The fit and finish is excellent.

Not sure how the TR6 fits, but the TR4A has oval holes, and these didn't come out when my bumpers were pressed, so a bit of fettling with a needle file was needed.

Secondly, if you run your finger along the edge, you can tell it has been pressed out, although you can't actually see that by eye.

I love 'em, and recommend them.

Pictures of mine

here

Bully

Bully, are those CTM brackets you have for your rear dampers? I recommend putting some nylocs on the mounting bolts (brackets to chassis), I had a couple of bolts come loose which caused the bottom mount to fret and eventually break the bracket.

Great looking job by the way. Is it Triumph Royal Blue or another blue?

andy

Edited by 67_gt6
Hi Tim,

I brought some for my TR4A about 3 months back. The fit and finish is excellent.

Not sure how the TR6 fits, but the TR4A has oval holes, and these didn't come out when my bumpers were pressed, so a bit of fettling with a needle file was needed.

Secondly, if you run your finger along the edge, you can tell it has been pressed out, although you can't actually see that by eye.

Pictures of mine

here

Bully

I am not into TR4's sorry I personally hate TR4's sorry IMHO Tr4's are only good for cheap watch casings mmmmmmmmmmmm ... I always wanted to own a TR4 but for some reason there was never an appealing one for sale but wow, you've done a fantastic job there. And the bumpers do like very nice indeed.

Edited by jobster

The early type should have the holes in the rear bumpers middle section for the number plate light.

And??

They should have the closer fitting front bumper mounts??

But I have a feeling that they only do the std front big boxed in mount type.

Am sure that pogo has bought a set but as yet I dont think he has fitted them?

The early type should have the holes in the rear bumpers middle section for the number plate light.

And??

They should have the closer fitting front bumper mounts??

But I have a feeling that they only do the std front big boxed in mount type.

Am sure that pogo has bought a set but as yet I dont think he has fitted them?

Hi Dave and anybody else

Now here is one for you what is the difference between an original early front valance and the ones you can get now

Edited by ntc

I like the bumpers.

I am considering them myself. I also noticed your Cosmic wheels. I have always wanted to put Cosmics on my 4A. When they are refurbished they look ..well ..Cosmic! :lol:

TT

Hi Tim,

Pictures of mine

here

Bully

Hi Tim,

Pictures of mine

here

Bully

Hi Bully,

The bumpers sure look nice on your car. Wonderful restoration you're doing there, she going to be a beauty!

Regards,

Tim

OK, you're right. Sorry, not a native English speaker. Anyway, have edited my reply, better now? :D

Unreservedly forgiven ;)

Normal Anglo Dutch relations have been restored :lol:

Regards

Peter

It is Bald Rick that has a set. I have had a good look at them and they do look excellent but I will let you know how they fit later on in the year when fitting time comes round.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
Bully, are those CTM brackets you have for your rear dampers? I recommend putting some nylocs on the mounting bolts (brackets to chassis), I had a couple of bolts come loose which caused the bottom mount to fret and eventually break the bracket.

Great looking job by the way. Is it Triumph Royal Blue or another blue?

andy

Hi Andy,

the brackets are made by Mobley Engineering, and are similar to most by other manufacturers, but much better weding, and made of 2 plates rather than 6 or so welded together, so should be much stronger (and a lot cheaper). Thanks for the tip of nyloc nuts, will do :rolleyes:

The colour is midnight blue, which i think is the same as Royal blue - it looks almost black indoors, but should show off the chrome well :rolleyes:

Bully

I like the bumpers.

I am considering them myself. I also noticed your Cosmic wheels. I have always wanted to put Cosmics on my 4A. When they are refurbished they look ..well ..Cosmic! :lol:

TT

Came across the Cosmics at the international a few years back. Rob Harber has some on his TR3 in the Glavon group, and they look good. I like the fact they are a period accessory, and quite rare on TRs. I'm having them painted in body colour, with raised "spokes" and rims in polished alloy.

I hope to have the car back in time for Goodwood next month, although the wheels may follow at a later date, as they will be quite complex to do.

Thanks for all the compliments guys

Bully

No Answers then where's the gurus?

They fit! ;):lol::lol: Sorry Neil couldnt resist!. I havent tried a new one as even my suppliers dont recommend them so I go for originals even if they need repairing.

Stuart.

They fit! ;):lol::lol: Sorry Neil couldnt resist!. I havent tried a new one as even my suppliers dont recommend them so I go for originals even if they need repairing.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

No prob's :lol: I will Pm you if nobody else knows ;)

Edited by ntc