TR5 now painted.

Guy,

thank you, I will post updates, maybe a blog.

malvern 2010 yes.

Tom

thank you.

No snap holes on doors - Surrey top to follow?

Wing bead to be painted?

I cannot decide between Surrey Top and original hood - so no snap holes yet.

and

I don't know if I should paint the wing bead or not - I know they should be painted but I cannot decide.

I am sitting on the fence at the moment.

mike

Edited by mikew

What bloody awful shutlines/ door gaps

Awfully absolutely amazingly good, its pics like that that give hope to my rustbucket from Maine, thanks Mike, and JR for putting them up.

I also prefer the unpainted look for the wing beads especially on dark coloured cars. Having painted several sets for customers cars I can assure you they are a PITA to paint :angry:

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
I personaly like the beading left in its natural finish.The chrome like beading breaks up the colour and looks the dogs boll***s.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter. :rolleyes:

Not 100% sure what you mean, Harry, as Stuart agrees but may be saying the opposite :huh: .

Here's a pitch for the painted bead: http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/im...15L9-6-8042.jpg

Unpainted gives a compartmentalized appearance vs. a unified one when painted. No argument about it being a PITA; I don't want to know what it really cost me to get it done like I wanted, with no separation between the bead and the body <_<

I was going to get all the chrome, and body fittings on and then make a decision.

I'd held off having them painted as I'd always liked the cars with the unpainted strips.

To be honest its so long since I stripped the car down I don't know where to begin.

I have boxes of new parts everywhere, and reconditioned parts too, so its bit by bit and then decide.

I finished work early today, and thought I refit the windscreen trim which I had carefully removed from the frame all those years ago. Its taken 3 hours just to get the old glue off, and I still haven't got it on the car.

Oh well I've a year to the next International.

mike

I was going to get all the chrome, and body fittings on and then make a decision.

I'd held off having them painted as I'd always liked the cars with the unpainted strips.

To be honest its so long since I stripped the car down I don't know where to begin.

I have boxes of new parts everywhere, and reconditioned parts too, so its bit by bit and then decide.

I finished work early today, and thought I refit the windscreen trim which I had carefully removed from the frame all those years ago. Its taken 3 hours just to get the old glue off, and I still haven't got it on the car.

Oh well I've a year to the next International.

mike

Hi Mike

The car looks fantastic a few pointers

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index....efurb&st=40

Regards

Neil

Edited by ntc
Just got my TR5 back from the paintshop.

the colour is valencia blue but looks a little lighter in the pictures than in real life

well pleased with the result, pictures at www.photobucket.com/paintedtr5

Hi Mike car looks really nice , out of interest will you be painting the lamp panel black asper i believe original ,as on the six.IMO it improves the visual effect of the grill.Quite a few around not done & on the dark colours it hardly notices but on lighter colours much more noticeable regards chris