hi dudes has anyone had any carb of this guy andrew tuner he sells recon carbs and is to found at various shows they look good but anyone had any off him im looking to buy some hs6 for my tr4 cheers gary

hi dudes has anyone had any carb of this guy andrew tuner he sells recon carbs and is to found at various shows they look good but anyone had any off him im looking to buy some hs6 for my tr4 cheers gary

He has rebuilt my TR3a carbs and my 4a carbs they come back looking like new, I would recommend him no problem,his prices are reasonable and he is a really nice guy.

Regards Babs.

Hi Gary,

Andrew Turner has been around a long time, and he's earned an enviable reputation for good, reliable workmanship at a reasonable price - I haven't purchased carbs from him myself, only know him to say hello to, but I've spoken to a lot of satisfied customers.

Usual disclaimers !

Cheers,

Alec

I'm rebuilding my TR4A back to original spec, and have replaced the HS6 carbs with H6 brought at Stoneleigh last year.

I still have the HS6 carbs, which I need to sell if you are interested?

They work fine (drove my car for 16 years with them on), and are complete with linkage etc. Was thinking £100 for the pair if you are interested. May also be cheaper to buy a set for rebuild, rather than a rebuilt set with no part exchange.

Contact me if you are interested, and we could meet next weekend.

Bully

I'm rebuilding my TR4A back to original spec, and have replaced the HS6 carbs with H6 brought at Stoneleigh last year.

I still have the HS6 carbs, which I need to sell if you are interested?

They work fine (drove my car for 16 years with them on), and are complete with linkage etc. Was thinking £100 for the pair if you are interested. May also be cheaper to buy a set for rebuild, rather than a rebuilt set with no part exchange.

Contact me if you are interested, and we could meet next weekend.

Bully

hi i will have alook at them if you bring them with you can you give me a contact no regards gary

Richard,

you are right, and i should have put that the other way round. It's HS6's I'm rebuilding for myself, and H6's I need to sell.

Assuming Gaz has a TR4, it may still work - better drop him a PM I suppose :blink:

Cheers

Bully

My car TR2 has been running HS6 for a while but I am proposing to dust off the old H4 and manifold. I phoned Andrew Turner (well a nice lady anyway - wife?) and asked for a few details and I will probably be sending them off soon. His web site says they are sometimes interested in buying in old carbs, so out of interest I asked what the HS6 might be worth to them. A disappointing "around £25" was the reply, even though they are in good order. I guess they are fairly commonly available.

Nick

TR4's were mounted with 175 CD strombergs between march and october 1963, and with SU H6 (long body for short manifold) for the rest of the time.

I don't know the exact periods for 4A's but it's SU HS6 (short body for long manifold) or 175 CD strombergs.

Cool frogs have HS8's.

Cheers,

Edited by Badfrog