The search is over - TR4A finally purchased

post-5914-1225655615_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I am pleased to say I have finally purchased a TR4A-

It is 1965 TR4A - IRS as you can (hopefully) see it is white with red trim. It did belong to a long time TR reg owner Colin Collington and featured in TR Action (222)

it has many mods - fuel injection - electronic ign and a reputed 138 BHP.....it certainly goes well ;)

I haven,t got it home yet-next weekend, I cannot wait :P

Thanks Shezbo

Good luck Shezbo -well done

It looks like the car listed on Ebay in Alton Hampshire that got no bids and had the passenger seat removed on pic 2 - did you find out why?

I hope you have had it properly inspected by someone that knows what they are looking for in the nooks and crannies where the dreaded "tin worm" can lay dormant (or not)

:(

Nick

I do feel lucky-how often can you say that-the car has more history than you can ever imagine-it was rebuilt starting in 2005 and finally finished in Feb 2006-again with a full (and I mean full) pictorial documentation a CD and written supporting document, pages and pages thick :blink:

Ticks all my boxes- Peter i will supply all the injection details when I scan everything in detail and can then be 100% accurate.

Thanks

Hi all,

I am pleased to say I have finally purchased a TR4A-

it has many mods - fuel injection - electronic ign and a reputed 138 BHP.....it certainly goes well ;)

Thanks Shezbo

Shezbo

Looks great and the spec sounds great. As a four pot man myself I would love to hear the details of the fuel injection.........

Sound like I'm in a queue of interested admirers :lol:

Shezbo, Thanks for sharing your happy news with us. I don't know the car but it looks great from the picture. Good luck with it, no doubt we will see it around.

Well done Shezbo. When you get it home, it'll take a couple of weeks to get the smile off your face.

Welcome to the 4's.

Thanks all I am genuinely flattered :rolleyes:

Will upload some more images and pass on all the Technial data-early next week...weekend cannot come soon enough ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Shezbo

Looks great and the spec sounds great. As a four pot man myself I would love to hear the details of the fuel injection.........

Sound like I'm in a queue of interested admirers :lol:

Hi Shezbo

Hope the FOUR is still wonderful, reading back over my posting and wondered if there was any chance of the FI spec yet (me & everybody else on the FOUR forum):lol:

Hi Shezbo

Hope the FOUR is still wonderful, reading back over my posting and wondered if there was any chance of the FI spec yet (me & everybody else on the FOUR forum):lol:

Mike

The TR4A I have has Lumention-ELECTRONIC ignition and INJECTION.

Inj system is very neat designed to replace exisiting carbs - to be honest they look like Weber carbs i.e are 45mm bore, on a Weber inlet manifold-smooth power delivery and good BHP output here-now

More on the Fuel Injection in TR action N.o 222 Oct 2007 Page 36-it also shows a picture-I will up load more pictues..soon.