Its on its way at last

[DSCF26511.jpg

Hope it makes it, be surprised if the bonnet does

Fingers crossed for you Peter. It should be ok, one of my customers has just got a 3 back from there and that was fine which was suprising considering it had no sidescreens and came back rollon rolloff!

Stuart

I'm sure you'll rise to the challenge ahead Peter......hope it doesn't take you 10 years though :blink:

Is that a TR4 / A bonnet? looks like the remains of Triumph letters there?

best of luck

John

Hi Peter

I admire your courage, wish I had it!

Good luck with the car, hope to see it appearing here from time to time as work progresses.

Tony

seeing the other photos Peter put up the other day I thought it looked pretty good for an unrestored micholliti car. I know my 4 was in a much worse state when I got it. Thats some trailor they have got it on :D

Cheers

Alan

[DSCF26511.jpg

Hope it makes it, be surprised if the bonnet does

Wonderful news. However, you must not refer to "her" as "it"! ;) Think of a name suitable for a prodigal daughter.

BTW, I intended to ask. Will you restore her as original (carburetted) or some form of PI?

Thanks to everyone, the TR4A bonnet is a bonus, apparently the original is with the car John, but is damaged in some way.

Frank, much as I admire the diehard PI owners who stick with their fuel injected steeds. I prefer a simpler approach I already have a Cylinder head

from a Triumph 2500S, this has better porting, and I will fit a pair of SU carbs, I hope to see about 125/130 BHP, and would be happy with that.

If anyone can suggest how to get a little more ( cheaply) I am all ears.

regards

Peter

Wonderful news. However, you must not refer to "her" as "it"! ;) Think of a name suitable for a prodigal daughter.

BTW, I intended to ask. Will you restore her as original (carburetted) or some form of PI?

Frank

Got to take issue with you there.

She?? Her?? What the hell is feminine about a six cylinder two seater triumph? It's a brute of a car. You need arms and legs with muscles like Popeye to handle the brakes clutch and steering and where are it's soft feminine lines? I would equate driving "it" with like trying to ride a wild Toro Bravo bull. Sorry Frank but for me "it" is how it should be. Unless you wanted to name it Tamara Press.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A nice gentle Citroen 2CV could be a she or her!

Cheers

Tony

Frank

Got to take issue with you there.

She?? Her?? What the hell is feminine about a six cylinder two seater triumph? It's a brute of a car. You need arms and legs with muscles like Popeye to handle the brakes clutch and steering and where are it's soft feminine lines? I would equate driving "it" with like trying to ride a wild Toro Bravo bull. Sorry Frank but for me "it" is how it should be. Unless you wanted to name it Tamara Press.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A nice gentle Citroen 2CV could be a she or her!

Cheers

Tony

Tony: Nevertheless female personification seems to work and she has not often let me down.

Tamara Press ?

Alec

Hi Alec

Tamara Press:

Soviet athlete who won three track-and-field Olympic gold medals and set 12 world records.

Press won her first gold medal at the 1960 Olympics in Rome, setting an Olympic record with a shot put of 17.32 metres (56 feet 10 inches). She won the silver medal in the discus (52.59 metres [172 feet 6.5 inches]), and, a week after the Olympics, she set a world record in the event (57.15 metres [187 feet 6 inches]). Her sister Irina also competed at the 1960 Olympics and won a gold medal in the 80-metre hurdles; they became the first sisters to win gold medals at the same Olympics.

At the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo, Press set a pair of Olympic records, winning the gold medal in both the discus (57.27 metres [187 feet 10 inches]) and the shot put (18.14 metres [59 feet 6.25 inches]).

By the time the International Amateur Athletic Federation (later called the International Association of Athletics Federations) instituted a sex-testing policy in 1966, Tamara and Irina had long faced rumours that they were actually men or that they were taking male hormones. Both sisters subsequently pulled out of the upcoming European championships, and Tamara officially announced her retirement in 1967.

:D:D:D:D

Tony

Yes Tony,

believe it or not I am old enough to recall the Rome Olympics, and my grandad's comment that Tamara could eat Billy Boston for breakfast and spit out his bones as rose fertiliser . . .

Hence my comment that the average TR is a couple of hundred horses short !

Heaven only knows what the Soviet sport mandarins fed the Press sisters on, but whatever it was it can't have been legal, decent, honest or truthful.

Cheers,

Alec