are the nackered

Guest tobyholland

Guest tobyholland

looked through threads,,but cant find answer,,no 1and two injectors take a long time to pulse,,taken them out whilst running bot nowt seems to be happening,when i go to poke them back in home as i get closer they start to spray mist,,are they nackered or need cleaning in some way,any advice greatly appreciated ,when its run up it drives fantastic,till i stop it and it takes a while to get going again

regards

toby

Guest tobyholland

i don,t know..

thanks for your advice and threads,,but if we only go on threads it pointless having this forum,i use it to seek helpfull advice,and banter..

if people dont want to give it "dont"

when your trying to solve a problem (to me) this is the road i will go down.

so if anybody has any relevent advice to my problem , i will gladly read and take notice

regards

toby

i don,t know..

thanks for your advice and threads,,but if we only go on threads it pointless having this forum,i use it to seek helpfull advice,and banter..

if people dont want to give it "dont"

when your trying to solve a problem (to me) this is the road i will go down.

so if anybody has any relevent advice to my problem , i will gladly read and take notice

regards

toby

But you have been given relevant & very good advice by several contributors already on what to do next; you never report back what you’ve done, what happened or even say thanks for that matter! There are many of us who contribute to this forum on a daily basis to help those who need it but you have to be prepared to help yourself by either taking note & acting on the advice already given to you or reading similar threads of which there are many, some appearing within the last week or so. Just asking for help on the same fault over again without following the advice your given won’t cure it & I can’t see the point in repeating identical information that’s only just been posted!

Guest tobyholland

ive already toly you,,if you dont know or cant give advice "dont" nobody wants smart arse answers .just basic advice thank you,i dont have time to play your games

regards

toby

Toby,

I shall another 'voice of reason' to Richard Crawley's.

He isn't playing games. If anyone is, you are!

Read the other thread to which Richard has very helpfully placed a link. He has already, very recently, placed a lot of relevant information concerning the problem you are experiencing.

Carry out some of the tests suggested in this other thread, if you wish post your findings. Look for further help if needs be.

If you are not able to follow some of the basic advice suggestions provided in this other thread, I would suggest you seek professional help for this problem.

Here is an answer to one of your other questions:

Chris Witor's website

Good luck with sorting out your problems.

Regards

David

Edited by david ferry

Well that’s the first time I’ve been accused of playing games or called a smart arse; :lol: I can get a lot smarter believe me! ;) I have replied with advice to your posts many times in the past, you are always very blunt, rarely give any acknowledgement or thanks & seem to be incapable following even the most basic advice. The last piece of advice I will ever give you is to take your car to someone who has some clue of what they are doing because, clearly, you don’t! :rolleyes:

Come on chaps,

every TR6 owner has been driven to the terminal screaming abdabs at some point, usually by the PI system. Beat the wife, kick the cat, bury the screwdriver in the garage wall ? We can surely understand a certain degree of exasperation and frustration on Toby's part . . . ?

That said, Richard and David have a valid point.

This and other car Forums benefit a great deal from the input of experienced and knowledgeable enthusiasts, to the benefit of many, many owners. Only this weekend I was chatting with a TR owner who has been reading this Forum for 4 or 5 years, and still hasn't plucked up the courage (his words!) to contribute - but he reckons it's saved him thousands rather than just hundreds of pounds. For which he is extremely grateful, and uses his car a couple of times a year in charity fund raisers by way of thanks, in an anonymous roundabout fashion. That's good enough for me !

It can be a bit disheartening for regular contributors to spend time and effort trying to assist fellow TR nuts with problems, and then not to hear the follow-up. It's not thanks that are expected, it's just nice to know what works and what doesn't, how the problem panned-out in the end. Apart from anything else, it all adds to the general pool of knowledge.

Finally, the search facility isn't always obvious to a newbie, until someone lends a helping hand - maybe we ought to have a 'Search Guide' pinned somewhere for the benefit of all ?

Cheers,

Alec

Finally, the search facility isn't always obvious to a newbie, until someone lends a helping hand - maybe we ought to have a 'Search Guide' pinned somewhere for the benefit of all ?

Cheers,

Alec

That may be a good idea - Webby are any idiot guides available ? I have been here since 02 and still cant work it.

Well that’s the first time I’ve been accused of playing games or called a smart arse; :lol: I can get a lot smarter believe me! ;) I have replied with advice to your posts many times in the past, you are always very blunt, rarely give any acknowledgement or thanks & seem to be incapable following even the most basic advice. The last piece of advice I will ever give you is to take your car to someone who has some clue of what they are doing because, clearly, you don’t! :rolleyes:

Hi Richard

I think you speak for a lot of members with that reply

Bob

Hi Richard,

now that you are a proclaimed 'smart arse' and you think you could be smarter, answer me this -

if the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, what is the speed of dark?

keep up the good work

Roger

That may be a good idea - Webby are any idiot guides available ? I have been here since 02 and still cant work it.

Dont need one, been an idiot and proud of it for 40 years now :P proof is in the posting :lol:

(ok just trying to lighten the atmosphere)

Edited by Kiwifrog

Personally never had much success with the site search engine, perhaps a filing system (library reference style) could be designed, maybe along the lines of a parts manual. Webby does an admiralble job but such an addition would reduce unnecessary repeat posts

Hi Richard,

now that you are a proclaimed 'smart arse' and you think you could be smarter, answer me this -

if the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, what is the speed of dark?

keep up the good work

Roger

Hi there Roger; as always am happy to oblige.

The speed of light in vacuum is defined to be about 299,792,458 m/sec which actually equates to slightly more; 186,282.397 miles/sec to be precise. When passing through a transparent or translucent medium, like glass or air, it’s actually less than its speed in a vacuum due to the reftactive index of the medium. In general relativity, however, the concepts of 'distance', 'time', and therefore 'speed' are not always unambiguously defined due to the curvature of spacetime caused by gravitation!

Darkness is not fully understood & there are several theories;

• Darkness does not move, it’s always present & light is layered on top of it. Consider a table as being dark & a table cloth as being light; when you pull the cloth off, the table itself (darkness) does not move.

• Darkness moves at the same speed as light and meets the laws of motion in that Darkness is the equal and opposite reaction for the action of the movement of light.

• A man stands at the doorway of his bedroom, attired in boxer shorts and a sleeveless undershirt. One hundred times in a row, he turns off the light switch and dashes for the bed. How many times does he see himself land under the covers? Zero. There isn't any light there. Obviously dark got there quicker than light.

Ergo: Let " d" equal the speed of dark d = SQRT( e/m ) + 1; That’s the equation, you do the dimensional analysis!

• Light moves. Darkness is the absence of light and does not. An analogy is; heat moves, cold is the absence of heat. You can describe the rate at which you “cool” and infer a “speed of cold” from that. However the physical reality is that only heat moves. Similarly you might infer a “speed of darkness” measuring the rate at which darkness envelopes a room when the light is switched off (for example). But be aware that you are actually “measuring” a function of the speed of light – in the room case it is the speed at which the light leaves the room (ie c for speed of light over n refractive index of room accounting for light exit paths, absorption and reflection at boundaries, etc).

Smart enough for ya :lol:;)

A man stands at the doorway of his bedroom, attired in boxer shorts and a sleeveless undershirt. One hundred times in a row, he turns off the light switch and dashes for the bed.

Yeah right, and on the 101st time he turned into a Dalmatian, just as the men in white coats arrived . . . :lol:

By the bloody cringe Richard, just what the 'eck are you on tonight ? ;)

Cheers,

Alec

A man stands at the doorway of his bedroom, attired in boxer shorts and a sleeveless undershirt. One hundred times in a row, he turns off the light switch and dashes for the bed. How many times does he stub his toe in the dark :P

Yeah, I know...it's late...

Dave

Hi Richard, I'm always amazed at your patience in giving the same advice over & again. I used to post a lot but got bored with repeating myself, and self-conscious about saying "use the search function", so I've got lazy. More power to your elbow - keep up the good work.

Hi Toby, Just a suggestion, but if you look at the number of posts to Richard's name, you'll get a good idea how much he has contributed to this forum over the years - the number is a good indication in his case (not in others like mine where a goodly percentage were questions!). It would be a reasonable assumption that Richard is helping you. Not in the way a garage would (take $ and probably fix problem), but by trying to help you diagnose the problem in a way that will help you now and with future problems (yours and others'). As Alec said, we all have our frustrating times with our idiosyncratic vehicles, but taking it out on the very person who is trying to help may not be the best way forward. Good luck.

Cheers,

John

searching threads is indeed a pain. A better option might be a wiki. But then you need some sort of committee to decide what the major headings are, and some way of resolving the inevitable arguments that will arise as to the best advice to publish. And more workers to keep out the spam posters and advertisers. And to stop people correcting each others postings tit for tat. All adds up to a load of bureaucracy.

So we end up with forums the world over which simply contain personal opinion and arguments arising. Crude simple just like certain cars.

Edited by chrismitchell

OK Richard,

That explains a lot then, it's the old Froggie influence at work . . . :P

Presumably the chap in question, your centurion bed hopper, is either in training for the correct national response to the start of WW3, or planning for the next round of extra marital adventures ? ;)

Cheers,

Alec

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tobyholland

well i be jiggered,,,,,,prestige supplied me ith re con injectors for 120£ goes and starts like a little rocket,,,best ever -ever,,, had a look at one of the old injectors b4 i sent it back took circlip off and can see where rubber seal goes ha ha,,happy christmas all