Position of door seal rubber

Before I stick the rubber seal back onto the A post, the seal that runs down the edge of the screen frame, what's the correct position please?

When I bought the car, it was dangling.... the seal.... ;)

Like this?

Likeso.jpg

Or like this??

Orlikeso.jpg

Ivor

Before I stick the rubber seal back onto the A post, the seal that runs down the edge of the screen frame, what's the correct position please?

Ivor

My vote would be for the upper picture with the thin part of that seal tucked into the fuzzy door seal.

Stan

Like this?

Likeso.jpg

Or like this??

Orlikeso.jpg

Ivor

Hi Ivor,

The lower picture is the correct position for the seal.

Best Regards,

I thought the windscreen pillar 'P' seal only went on the pillar itself? Its for the door window to wind up and seal onto!! It has on all the cars ive seen! The moss/rimmers parts books say its a windscreen pillar seal!!

I bought my windscreen pillar seals from Carl at TR Trader and he advised me to leave them longer than the pillar and flick them out slightly (as B) to allow any water to drain away from the body.

Roger (Pogo)

Initially I thought the top one, then I thought in the bottom position it might keep water off the light switch and the hinges.

Perhaps I should start a poll :lol:

Ivor

I thought the windscreen pillar 'P' seal only went on the pillar itself? Its for the door window to wind up and seal onto!! It has on all the cars ive seen! The moss/rimmers parts books say its a windscreen pillar seal!!

Agree; it is the 'P' screen frame seal & I've only ever seen it atached to the screen frame but can se the merit of leaving it protruding about an inch or so below.

Ivor,

I agree with Dave, the lower position is the correct one. Pretty sure it is illustrated in one of the sketches in the workshop manual and I certainly have factory photos showing it in as per the lower image.

Cheers

Derek