door handle keys

Anyone got any idea where I could buy replacement keys for the door barrel lock.Ive looked on the internet but cant find any uk sellers although i saw at least one guy at Stoneleigh . The number shown on the barrel is 891 but i dont have a clue what the prefix letters are as they dont appear to be stamped on the barrel anywhere. Is there somewhere Ive overlooked or does anyone know if they were all FS or WB or whatever?

Any help appreciated. thank you

Anyone got any idea where I could buy replacement keys for the door barrel lock.Ive looked on the internet but cant find any uk sellers although i saw at least one guy at Stoneleigh . The number shown on the barrel is 891 but i dont have a clue what the prefix letters are as they dont appear to be stamped on the barrel anywhere. Is there somewhere Ive overlooked or does anyone know if they were all FS or WB or whatever?

Any help appreciated. thank you

Alan there is a 99% chance that the key will be FS series try TR Shop as they have managed to get keys for me before.

Stuart.

Thanks a lot Stuart,ill give that a whirl..

Just a thought but unless you're starting with new barrel's then it may be false hope. I recently discovered that my keys are all interchangable and any key, taken at random will open the doors, boot, glove box and even start the car!! :blink:

I now park with a chain passed through both windows and under the car and remove the head if parking overnight. :lol::P

Just a thought but unless you're starting with new barrel's then it may be false hope. I recently discovered that my keys are all interchangable and any key, taken at random will open the doors, boot, glove box and even start the car!! :blink:

I now park with a chain passed through both windows and under the car and remove the head if parking overnight. :lol::P

Actually if the locks are not brand new it is relatively simple to operate the locks of our age cars with almost any key of the same series. And a real pro can do it with virtually any key that will enter the lock. I was given a demonstration and lesson in this >35 years ago by a friendly villain when I locked myself out once. [it's so simple you never forget and I have fitted an immobiliser of some sort or another ever since.] After a few goe to practice it takes about 0.05 seconds longer than using the proper one. The hardest part is knowing the right series key to start with.

Mike

Hi,

David Manners in Birmingham carry a full range of keys, 01215444444. I have recently started to use this company and the service is first class.

Grahamgl

Hi Alan

Me if I have the soft top on I don,t lock the doors

Because the tow rags just cut your soft top if they want to get in

I would sugest get a decent imoblizer then at least the bu//ers don,t do as much damage

Cheers Reg

(had a great time down in wales last weekend 30Trs there)

NL Mike,

they are the most beautifully expressed anti-theft measures I've ever read.

I'm currently using similar techniques.

I've put the panels and most of the bits under the house, the chassis on one side of the garage, and the tub on the other side on a spit; engine on a stand; the gearbox is halfway across the continent in South Australia. So far it has worked perfectly.

Maybe if I leave the garage unlocked a thief will come and put it back together for me.

Edited by littlejim