Goodwood Revival 2007

Excellent revival (again) B)

The pre 66 car park proved to be as good as the main event with lots of class acts to be found including several very nice TR's

So...............can anybody help me with these seats? What are they, who makes them, how much, was it your car ?

Think they maybe just what I'm looking for. My current buckets don't fold so its a real pain getting anything into the back of the Surrey past the roll

cage. Whilst not true buckets, they look like they might hold quite well (with a full harness), any experience ? :huh::lol:

Thank you in advance for any help provided

PS: Revival should be on sky either next week or the week after :)

Hi Mike,

Didn't see the seats I'm afraid, but I did get to Goodwood - first time for 20-odd years . . . since the days of TR Goodwood Sprints.

Quite an experience, and as a fancy dress parade it takes some beating. Never seen so many men in white boiler suits, nor yet such a bizarre assortment of obsolete military uniforms . . . As for the women, daft hats -v- silly shoes. Amazing.

What a selection of wonderful cars, the car park was quite a sight - beasties that even I haven't seen before.

But as a motorsport event ? Well no, not quite. It's a social gathering, not a proper race meeting.

http://www.roadbook.be/EN/presentation/presentation.html

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Alec

Totally agree, racing is actually getting worse but still amuses. I go for the spectacle really. Just walk around all day staring at the stuff I don’t see at home…………..5” Heals, stockings and 250 GTO’s!! :D:D

If I want the real thing, like you, I go and find it. Did Dijon in June and off to Angouleme next week. Spa is on the list B)

Can't wait (and wine stops on the way back) :lol:

Meanwhile still need the seat info (Moss? Don't think so)

Hi Alec

Totally agree, racing is actually getting worse but still amuses. I go for the spectacle really. Just walk around all day staring at the stuff I don’t see at home…………..5” Heals, stockings and 250 GTO’s!! :D:D

If I want the real thing, like you, I go and find it. Did Dijon in June and off to Angouleme next week. Spa is on the list B)

Can't wait (and wine stops on the way back) :lol:

Meanwhile still need the seat info (Moss? Don't think so)

Hi Mike

I couldn't agree LESS with Alec....we saw some superb racing (Sunday)...didn't spot any Triumphs on the track though?

The close up sight and sound of all those exotic machines....SUPERB. (Nearly) everyone who I saw on the day, had a big smile on their face enjoying the experience, and had taken the trouble to dress in 'period gear'.

The Moss seats that I have (see attached fitted in Wyns car) are certainly different, but they do fold and are (quote Wyn: every bit as good and in my opinion of a far superior quality than the Ridgard seats that cost me nearly £1,200 ......!

regards

john

Hi Mike

The close up sight and sound of all those exotic machines....SUPERB. (Nearly) everyone who I saw on the day, had a big smile on their face enjoying the experience, and had taken the trouble to dress in 'period gear'.

The Moss seats that I have (see attached fitted in Wyns car) are certainly different, but they do fold and are (quote Wyn: every bit as good and in my opinion of a far superior quality than the Ridgard seats that cost me nearly £1,200 ......!

regards

john

John

Know what you mean, the spectacle is everything. I was in period tweed and felt that anybody in shorts and a T shirt was really missing out. As to the racing, it entertained but tended towards 'duels', still great fun though :lol:

Thanks for the seat info, useful (is the thinking that the mystery seats may be Ridgard?) :unsure:

Greetings...

The whole family attended Goodwood and thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle - just a pity I was not able to meet up with some of you there! The variety and quality of cars both on track and in the car parks (pre '66 and 'normal') was excellent!

Regards

These seats Mike are superior to the earlier ones if only in the fact that they have two pins in the headrests rather than the earlier ones that had a rather larger one in the centre and more slopie shoulders, a real pain if you had harnesses as they always slid off, not a problem with the new style. I regret not going for the newer style Moss ones now, the Ridgard seats look the part but I don't believe (personally) that they have the build quality of the Moss seats and it's certainly not worth paying twice the price for looks.

Wyn

These seats Mike are superior to the earlier ones if only in the fact that they have two pins in the headrests rather than the earlier ones that had a rather larger one in the centre and more slopie shoulders, a real pain if you had harnesses as they always slid off, not a problem with the new style. I regret not going for the newer style Moss ones now, the Ridgard seats look the part but I don't believe (personally) that they have the build quality of the Moss seats and it's certainly not worth paying twice the price for looks.

Wyn

Thanks Wyn

I'll have a look at Moss on line and see what they have :)

I had my chicks at Goodwood on Friday for the Practice ..... all in period dress. Magic!

Even managed a donut in the car park at the request of the Marshalls ...... proper motorsport event !

Regards

Tony