H Frame Dash Support Bracket

I'm beginning to consider winter jobs/projects. The H Frame support bracket on my 72 TR6 was seriously hacked about by previous owners to take large stereo head units by cutting away a lot of the alloy to take the larger units. I'd like to return it to a more original condition. To that end I know these original parts are like rocking horse pooh but does anyone out there know of somewhere to buy a good original one - not too cut about - that I could recover or does anyone know of a company producing replacement brackets?

Hi Mr "never pat a burning dog "

I have one that may suit you, I will send you a pm, and go from there,

Cheers,

Conrad.

rossgmattinson

Could you please change your signature, as a dog lover I feel "never pat a burning dog " is quite offensive

Dave Lewis

Signature deleted Dave to save your blushes and doggy sensitivities! It was just a bit of light hearted humour - I have had dogs my whole life and wouldn't dream of harming one. However, neither would I dream of patting one of it were on ........ etc etc. Apologies for any offence caused. Any useful thoughts on the Bracket though Dave?

Hi again , email sent with pics......it never crossed my mind that it was offensive, I too have had dogs all my life, light hearted as you say.....moving on.

Conrad

Signature deleted Dave to save your blushes and doggy sensitivities! It was just a bit of light hearted humour - I have had dogs my whole life and wouldn't dream of harming one. However, neither would I dream of patting one of it were on ........ etc etc. Apologies for any offence caused. Any useful thoughts on the Bracket though Dave?

Hello, is it Ross?,

Apology accepted and Thank You

Regarding your problem with the dash support. As Steve T suggested it may be possible to get it welded up by a competent welder .

Do you intend to put a radio in it? If not, using a replacement vinyl cover should hide the enlarged hole,. get a piece of ply or metal to the same thickness of the aluminium to support the Vinyl.Though It is quite thick maybe not need the backing.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Conrad strikes again! He is good isn't he?

Hey Clem, what's the question mark for ???? Remember I know where you live !!!!

Someone has got to keep distributing these old parts, and strangely enough it's good fun. Stoneleigh here I come.

Keeping an eye open for your chassis now.

All the best,

Conrad.