TR7V8 works car for sale

Difficult to know quite how best to describe it . . . . it's been around the block a fair few times, changed hands a fair few times too, and the stories about it grow with the telling.

The registration number was applied to more than one car in period, after the works team finished the reg no was sold separately to the car it was originally applied to, subsequently applied to a car that was constructed from parts, and after that the story starts to get really complicated . . . . . !! :P

In my opinion, about as kosher as a hog roast at a barmitzvah. :ph34r:

That's not to say it isn't a decent enough car in itself, and I'm sure it will be great fun to drive, but no it isn't an ex-works car or anything even that close to it, something of a mixture of mortal remains, replica and tribute car I'd suggest - nominal registration number notwithstanding.

Cheers,

Alec

M2P : whathever it is, ex-works or not, if this car is sold to a non GB new owner, it should loose its reg number, so their will be an opportunity to built another "ex-works" car....

BTW, as it is in NL, has it really kept its GB reg numbers, with its V5 ?

M2P : whathever it is, ex-works or not, if this car is sold to a non GB new owner, it should loose its reg number, so their will be an opportunity to built another "ex-works" car....

BTW, as it is in NL, has it really kept its GB reg numbers, with its V5 ?

Hi,

same thing happend with my triumph, it is sold 1986 as HRW 251V without reg numbers to Norway and anyone boughtthe reg numbers and build this car now...But the car in Belgium which is(in the view of the seller)"HRW 251V" has a normal chassis number with begin TCG.....Can anyone says if the works car has normal chassis numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Best greetings,

Ralf

Hi Alec,

in the original registration paper which he shown us stand, that B.L. Parts sold the car at 01.12.1981 sold to F.G. Rallying and F.G. Rallying sold the car in 2003 to David Rayner...Do you know a person who can say which works cars had which vin's?

Cheers

Ralf

• 2 weeks later...

No it's not the same car that was sold in 2008. That was the Chevette lights one that raced in Norway.

I've visited the one in Belgium for sale last week and I must say that every thing about it tells me it's a ex-works car.

From the engine bay suspension display to the roll cage with welded roof to the original air filters and especialy from all the original V5 documents that shows all the previous owner's history starting with BL parts, GF rallying, Davis Rayner and current owner.

What more should be checked to be 100% sure ?

Thanks for your comments as I'm realy interrested in this car.

Philippe

• 4 weeks later...

I looked at the car also. I think it was sold on ebay usa?

The car looks very real. John Davenport says that the car is real. Time at F.G Rallying is very difficult. F.G. Rallying has had two cars. He has driven the number plates on the car Chevette. One finds no photo before 2003 HRW 251V. Only photos with Chevette headlights. Many questions? Engine in 1997 ccm??

greeting HRW 251V

Evocation :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like a Mitsubishi on holiday................. :o:lol::lol::ph34r:

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

You didn't press the Buy it Now button i Hope,you'll need a Smiley and Sunglasses for when you Collect B),Enjoy.

Ha ha no chance of that.

Stuart.