I have my gearbox cover in the garden. Ther are patches of Evo-stick which was holding the sound felt under the carpet .  I think that it would be best to scrape off old adhesive and felt remains before it is fitted again after the overdrive relay is repaired. Is there any solvent which would help ??

Thanks for any advice

Richard & B

Maybe paint thinners.

You could probably get half a gallon for the price of the B and Q product, and you may well need quite a bit, depending how clean you want it.

If you use thinners or acetone make sure that you do it in the garden. The fumes can be quite potent.

Charlie.

Yesterday I found a scraper in the old tool box and managed to scrape off the sound felt. It took about 45mins and there were some traces of the glue. I tried white spirit and methylated spirit. I managed to clean about the size of a saucer but it was a long job so I am back on it with some petrol today.

Thanks 

Richard & B

I tried the petrol today and it made no impact. I found a  small  spark plug cleaning brass brush and this made a small difference.  So tomorrow I will check my old tools and try and find an old worn out wire brush for the electric drill . I tried a Stanley blade  holder for stripping paint off glass and it was starting to scratch the paint so I stopped straight away.

It may have to go back under the carpet as it is now.

Thanks Richard & B

I use a good quality spirit wipe to remove glue without removing paint.

Stuart.