Hi Everyone

My overdrive developed an oil leak and investigation revealed that it is coming from the plunger and o ring area. I have taken the plate off and there are 2 o rings behind the collar at the front of the plate. Another TR member advises that this plate is not correct as the o ring should sit in a cavity on the back of the plate. There is no cavity on my plate. He is sending me a spare plate he has.

Can anyone throw any light on what I have and how the o rings seal. The cavity is deep enough to take 2 o rings so how does it form a good seal. Do I have a part missing.

Regards

Brian

overdrive plate front.jpg

overdrive plate back.jpg

Agreed that is not a TR solenoid mounting plate.   If it works without hitting the chassis stick with it.

The o ring on the operating shaft I always thought was inside under that plate.   Sandwiched between plate and casing.   Is there a seal location in the main case?   

this topic came up in the last 6 months and one of us found a company producing better seals. I was one who benefitted from this but cannot remember the details, must be in the search somewhere.

It was august 23 post .Title A TYPE OVERDRIVE. seals were found by TRier

Roy

Edited by roy53
ADD