TR2 Lower front apron bracket and stay

I am working slowly through my rebuild and I have just started the front end. What I did not realise until I saw a YouTube of a TR3 rebuild that the early front aprons had a bracket and stay.  No sign of one on my apron and so I wonder if anyone could help me out with a picture and or dimensions of the bracket and stay if indeed it should be there. I guess it should or the chassis bracket would not be there. 
Many thanks in anticipation. 
Keith

No this is a single stay that runs from the chassis central bracket to a tag on the bottom edge of the apron. The fact that you don’t recognise it, Bob, suggests that it either didn’t get fitted at the factory or it was dropped at some stage. Maybe panels supplied as spares didn’t get fitted with the bracket.
Keith

I believe Stuart shared this photo of the bracket you require some time ago. Remnants of the chassis end of my bracket and a poor photo of apron bracket position.

Regards

Ade

IMG_8663.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpeg

IMG_8667.jpeg

IMG_8668.jpeg

Edited by AJ2014
Pics added

It does ring a bell, I will take a look & report back, but my front apron has been seriously repaired, & so it may have been deleted.

I would say that the starting handle guide support does so very well.

Bob

It exists.   There was one on my TR2.   
The stay is part no 108480.   Held at each end by hexagon headed 10/32 unf screws and nuts.

OK, just had a look, I do have the bracket on the chassis (central) but no corresponding fixing place on the apron.

Th apron did have a new scratch made bottom welded on, so that would be why.

In the 11 years since it was done no bad effects from not having it have been observed.

Bob

Yes there was a bracket though its often been deleted or rotted off Im afraid, I may have one kicking about somewhere but theyre easy to make.

Stuart.

Thanks very much for the responses. I wonder if the bracket helps to reduce the flexing and subsequent cracking of the starting handle guide area. I am minded to fit one as I have the option at this stage of the rebuild. 

Thanks Stuart for the offer but now I have seen one I am sure I can make it. However does anyone have a closer picture of the bracket that fits on the apron? My car will not be concours but I would like to ‘do it right’ if I can. 

May I just say that I have had little need to post questions to this forum. Not because I am an expert but because I have the backup of my brother who knows most stuff and the invaluable forum entries.  I can dip in and find answers to most questions without troubling you. Thank you all for the help so far and all the invaluable posts. 

I wonder if someone is keeping a proper copy of the forum that can be accessed by future TR owners once we and the Register have declined or faded away. I have suggested to Ian C that the forum history is something as valuable as his Technicalities and the old parts we are keeping for copies in future. 

Thanks

Keith

I will search for Stuart’s picture. Thank you Ade. 

Many years ago when funds were tight and batteries expensive I used to start the TR2 with the starting handle and its amazing how much the front panel flexed, the starting handle guide had the correct brackets. No wonder the front panels crack around the hole and I suspect the single bracket to the front apron would do little to prevent this, probably there to stop the lower part of the apron vibrating.

Cheers

Richard