Steering wheel nut TR2

Is it just me, that no matter what parameters I use within the search function, I get thousands of results, usually for every word?

Anyhow can someone tell me the size of nut that holds the steering wheel please.

I can’t get mine off with the usual screwdriver edge/ bash with hammer routine.

Is a standard socket going to fit, I don’t have one that big, there doesn’t seem that much room so does it have to be a box spanner style?

I read somewhere it was 1 1/16” but mine seems way bigger than that.

thanks, Bob.

Screwdriver/hammer??   Ye gods! :o     That won't do the steering box worm much good !

Yes you need a thin- walled socket or a box spanner because there isn't much room as you say.  The nut is 1 5/16" AF.      It may have been 'pin punched' to stop it loosening. 

Edited by RobH

Here you go treat yourself as your going to need it to put it back as well Socket

Stuart.

Hi Bobbie

the search facility is rather crude.  The less key words the better.

Most searchers go via Google  quoiting 'TR Register' then what you are after

Good Luck

Roger

Thanks guys,

Robh………thank goodness it’s rack and pinion…….

Stuart……..on it as ever, I’ve every tool known to man, but appear to have got away without this fairly specific application.

Roger………good tip, I’ll try that in future. Trouble is as you search an item, a bit like going into your loft to look for something, you see an interesting topic and spend hours reading them out of interest…..Maybe just me and I need to get out more…..

Regards Bob.