Wasn't sure where to post this since not TR specific. Since moving to a top floor flat last year car washing has become an issue - I really miss my hose reel and mains power washer! Until I spotted the attached ad in the latest Roadsmart magazine I didn't know that cordless pressure washers existed. The ad prompted an Internet search and I see there are several such power washers now on the market, Screwfix for one seems more competitive than the Aguri item.

Does anyone on here have experience of a cordless power washer for car washing and can you point me in the right direction? Will a bucket or two of water do the job?

Tim

DSC02821.JPG

I recently bought an 800psi 24V one for my archery club, which is based in woodlands near Worcester.  We do have a generator and water tap in our compound but really only need a pressure washer to occasionally clean our quad bike and wash the algae off of our 3D targets, which are set our in the woods.  The one we bought was only £65 from Amazon and came with a couple of 2000mAh 24V batteries.  We can take it around our course in the quad's basket with a container of water which we couldn't do with a mains washer.  It also has the ability to pick up water from any source so we can use the ponds in the wood as a water source if needed.

These type of jet washers are really designed for cleaning mountain bikes etc and they won't blast the grime off of your patio or drive but ours does clean the thick wet mud off of our quad, and believe me we've had a lot of mud recently!  

Edited by Colin Symonds

Thanks Colin, that one sounds just the trick. I only need such a washer for car cleaning. This option from Amazon is just 40% the price of the Aguri with three atmospheres more max pressure.

Tim

I use a cheap chinese one on a regular basis...not as powerful as a mains-powered one, but very easy to use without much setup of power cords and water supply. I run mine from a bucket of hot soapy water to clean cars, engines, floors etc

On 3/12/2024 at 5:36 PM, tim hunt said:

Wasn't sure where to post this since not TR specific. Since moving to a top floor flat last year car washing has become an issue - I really miss my hose reel and mains power washer! Until I spotted the attached ad in the latest Roadsmart magazine I didn't know that cordless pressure washers existed. The ad prompted an Internet search and I see there are several such power washers now on the market, Screwfix for one seems more competitive than the Aguri item.

Does anyone on here have experience of a cordless power washer for car washing and can you point me in the right direction? Will a bucket or two of water do the job?

Tim

DSC02821.JPG

Tim, my wife bought one of those for me a few years back. It was totally unable to remove even the lighted amounts of grit from her Forrester, and it immediately went back in the box and was returned for credit to her CC. It looks the business but in my humble opinion is nothing other than expensive tat.

2 hours ago, Steve-B said:

Tim, my wife bought one of those for me a few years back. It was totally unable to remove even the lighted amounts of grit from her Forrester, and it immediately went back in the box and was returned for credit to her CC. It looks the business but in my humble opinion is nothing other than expensive tat.

Thanks Steve, but which was the brand/model that so disappointed you?

Tim

2 hours ago, tim hunt said:

Thanks Steve, but which was the brand/model that so disappointed you?

Tim

Tim, from the photo you posted it appears to be the exact same one

Thanks for the steer Steve, clearly one to avoid. I will go with Colin's option from Amazon. 

I've got the Robi 18V ONE+™ HP Cordless Brushless 41Bar Power Washer.

https://uk.ryobitools.eu/garden-tools/garden-cleaning-tools/pressure-washers/ry18pwx41a/ry18pwx41a-0/

This is the higher power HP version, which is the one to go for. The less powerfull model is a bit weak according to reviews.
It is really a pressure cleaner. not a pressure washer. It will never replace a proper pressure washer and hose.
It is best use is a convenient power cleaner rather than running power cords and hoses out or as a remote cleaner in a place away from power and water sources.
I use it to clean out cattle drinking troughs, etc in my fields which are over 100m from power and a water hose.
I have a few Ryobi tools, so I am invested in the Ryobi battery system. The Ryobi batteries are as expensive as the tools, so this might be a turn off.
I got it direct from Ryobi (see above link). I would wait till they have a 'sale' that they have regularly have and get it cheaper.

Here is a fair review on YouTube which sums up the device.