Hi all - in a job lot of parts, I have a Lucas 6RA relay with the number 33214B  followed by 12V  ( voltage I presume) and 8 61 ( date I presume - it only has 3 terminals W1, C1 and C2

Anyone know what this can be used for? I presume because it only has a W1 terminal, the casing has to be earthed?

I checked the table on a recent post IDing lots of these, but this serial number isn't mentioned.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers Rich

It is the Horn relay on a TR4A as Roger intimated.

There is an internal connection between the coil and one of the contacts, but I don't remember exactly what to what, but easy enough to determine using a simple multimeter.

Tony

Edited by tthomson
Typo

Thanks everyone - that makes sense. Does the fact that there is no W2 terminal mean that the casing has to be earthed ( I know they are in use for the horn)? I thought the W terminals were for the switching circuit and the C terminals were for the heavy power in and out, so why do some have a W2 terminal?

Sorry for being an electrical numpty

Cheers Rich

Hi Richard,

The cases are not normally earthed.

W2 is connected internally to C2 (I think, but best to check which),

If I am correct, C2 (the conjoined connector),  is connected to the supply,  C1 is connected to the horn and W1 to the horn press.

Tony