TR7V8 brake pad dust

Acquired a nice TR7V8, but the pads throw lots of dust onto the wheels after only a few miles. I know everyone will have favourites, but are there any pads which leave reduced dust deposits?

What are the expensive Hawk pads like for dust Stuart?

Currently running 4 pot princess callipers with Green Stuff EBC pads.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Minimal dust with Hawk HPS on my TR5. I'm not sure they are available to fit the Princess caliper.

Jerry

Edited by jerrytr5

Thanks Stuart. Unfortunately Hawk do not do pads for the Princess Callipers. Cambridge Motor Sports were very helpful, but don’t have any other suggestions for road use pads.

John, I see the Mintex 1155 pads show as mainly for track use. That is not for me.

If I find something better than Green Stuff, I will post here.

Thanks guys

Mike

IMG_8351.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Aldpilot said:

Thanks Stuart. Unfortunately Hawk do not do pads for the Princess Callipers. Cambridge Motor Sports were very helpful, but don’t have any other suggestions for road use pads.

John, I see the Mintex 1155 pads show as mainly for track use. That is not for me.

Thanks guys

Mike

IMG_8351.jpeg

Looks a nice car Mike, got to love a V8. Have you still got your 5?
Cheers Kev.

2 hours ago, Aldpilot said:

Thanks guys

Mike

Like most pad manufacturers, Mike, Mintex offer a range of pad materials.   In their case 1144 (road), 1155 (Fast road/track) and 1166 full race.    These refer to the operating temperature, and yes, you would be right that you don't want a high temp pad material for use in the usual stop-go traffic.  Worse, you might not be able to stop at the end of  your road when you first went out with cold brakes!      But I have found that 1155s hit a golden spot - they work well, straight out of the garage, yet do not fade when  heated by pass storming or yes, racing!

Not cheap, but long lasting!   Mintex 1155 for Princess calipers for sale | eBay

John

17 hours ago, Aldpilot said:

Yes Kev, still got the TR5 and going well.

Might see you at Malvern if you are going. We are.

Mike

Hi Mike, yes we are going and staying in Ross on Wye and our friends are coming too. So it’ll be my mate and I going to Malvern. (He’s just bought a very nice Volvo P1800S which he might go in.) I’ll look out for you. Hope you and Cristalle are both well.

Which car are you going in?

Kev.

Edited by Kevo_6

Probably the TR5 as the TR7V8 went to Shepton Mallet last year.

See you there.

MIke

Edited by Aldpilot
Mis-keyed
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, decided on Mintex 1144.

Just now need to find time to fit. I will report on the hopeful “dust” improvement in a few months time.

Thanks to all as always.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Autoglym do a protective spray to reduce brake dust sticking to the wheels.

Not tried it so can't vouch for it, but have a spray that came with a gift pack to try in the future.