Hi all, 

does anyone have, or happen to know where I can get replacement glass for the original frameless rear view mirror? RevingtonTR listed one, but have been in touch and say they don’t have any in stock….

Thanks in advance

Chris

Edited by Chris Fleet
Typo

Chris

If you can find a traditional glaziers or someone local who does tiffany glass they will be able to cut a piece of mirror to size and grind the edges smooth.  A craft shop may be able to put you in contact with someone. 

George 

I wanted to have a rear view mirror I could "dip" when being followed by someone with bright headlights. I dismantled my standard TR3 mirror,

purchashed from Ebay a modern car dipping mirror, removed the wedge shaped glass from it, & took it to my local glaziers, & got them to cut it to the same shape as my original. I then fitted the new mirror back into the frame.

There is no "dipping" lever of course, but it is easy to just angle the whole mirror downwards to get the dimmer view, then pop it back up when required

Bob

Chris, I have one here in France. It was a gift twenty something years ago but I never fitted it as just looking at it scares me s**tless in the case of an accident. Like the chromed bar in front of the passenger.

Yours for the cost of the postage - if I can find it. PM me

james

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst looking for something entirely different in my garage, I came across this mirror, which is probably the one I took out when converting to a dipping type.

8e7fd9a1-f556-419a-80e7-3d8596254a1e.thumb.jpg.93a831f88c3d6dcb4ab9b9947ce3f277.jpg

It measures 115mm X 55mm X 2mm       Yours FOC if you want it

Bob

3 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Whilst looking for something entirely different in my garage, I came across this mirror, which is probably the one I took out when converting to a dipping type.

8e7fd9a1-f556-419a-80e7-3d8596254a1e.thumb.jpg.93a831f88c3d6dcb4ab9b9947ce3f277.jpg

It measures 115mm X 55mm X 2mm       Yours FOC if you want it

Bob

Hi Bob, thanks for that, in fact I went the phoenix glass route as noted above. Rather disappointingly, one of the frames clasps has sheared under very minimal pressure when reassembling. Now looking for a new frame….. it never ends