MiG Welder needs new home. New Home now found.

Hi Folks

I have a Clarke 100E mig welding machine that has  done 25 + years of work that needs a new home.  But it works.

I have gone up market and now have an R-Tech MIG181.

If anybody wants the Clake then it is yours  FOC

Some Spares - wire (0.6mm) Gas, and nozzle tips.

Fairly heavy so collection recommended

New Home Found.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Hi Rodger

Is a 100 strong enough to do normal car stuff? I guess its what you have been using it for. I know nothing about mig welding except having a go with a friends

Regards Richard 

Hi Richard,

it will easily weld 1mm + 1mm  plug, seam, butt weld   or even 2mm + 2mm for fillet welds etc.  I have done thicker but not pretty.

Basically anything on the TR can be welded

Roger

Hi Folks

In trying to find space for the new Mig machine I found a steel tool box full of tools that a neighbour gave me 5 years ago

6 hammers, some new, of various sizes  - 2 lb ball pein, 3 x 1 lb ball pein,  1lb cross pein,

6" G clamps x 2  and some 'stuff'/

The steel box  - 20" x 10" x 12" - is on wheels.

If anybody wants them I'll be at Stoneleigh.

Roger

Very nice, Roger and very generous!  I'd be interested as my old welder died before Xmas, but I gave myself a Christmas present of a new one.

But my old welder was on a DiY trolley, with space for the gas cylinder, so the first job for the new one was to build it's own transport:

206614902_newwelderoncarriage.thumb.jpg.0c0d4388de2e0dd1e513f5dca78b0841.jpg

Sorry, the old one wasn't usable and has gone to the Great Workshop in the Sky.

John

Hi John,

I already have the gas bottle to one side (out of the way) for the TIG welder. Annoyingly the MIG will not sit with a tank attached - unless I can re-arange the garage.

If nobody wants the welder on here then I shall put it on Hillingdon Freecycle.  Too good for the skip.

Roger

Could I have the mig of you please Rodger? I can then hone my welding skills for a little job I have in mind

Regards Richard 

Hi Rodger I can collect but out of principle and stubbornness I am refusing to pay to go into the ULEZ zone. I'll come in a classic 

5 hours ago, Nigel C said:

I think he's tunneling John  as I saw him walking round the flower beds shaking soil out of his trouser legs.....

image.png.b249578c4c897356423ed729861e5057.png

Have you SEEN the Cooler? 

• RogerH changed the title to MiG Welder needs new home. New Home now found.

First time of meeting Rodger but not the first time he's helped me out on here with his knowledge and advice.

What a gent. Free lesson, advice and really pleased with the machine. Thanks Rodger your the best 

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.