Front spoiler fitting

New fibreglass front spoiler arrived today. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for fitting ?

Went with fibreglass rather than plastic as I can repair it myself if it gets dinged.

There’s no pre-drilled holes and I have a fitting kit and also loads of rivnuts should they be needed.

• 1 month later...

Ended up swapping the fibreglass spoiler for a German made plastic version, as was the original.

Only had a trial fitting, without bolting it down, as I want to get the holes in the correct place, but from my initial findings there seems to be a gap at either end between the valance and the spoiler. 

Is this a common occurrence and if so, what do people do to fix it ? Don’t particularly fancy driving round with gaps showing.

Thanks as ever in advance.

Jonny

I knocked mine off in a Morrisons car park in Scotland twelve years ago didn't notice any discernible handling difference on the journey home so have never replaced it.

Went for it this morning, sometimes sheer bloody mindedness triumphs over measure, measure, measure....

Still a few gaps, but realised it’s never going to be a tight fit all the way along.

The centre mounting was with an Allen headed nut and bolt and the other 4 with Allen headed bolts and rivnuts.

IMG_0128.jpeg

IMG_0126.jpeg

Edited by Jonny TR6

I prefer the Racetorations one with the air ducts, thats a better fit too.

Stuart.

photo0324.thumb.jpg.8f58087ab099c3021979de8e9ef0868f.jpg

Did consider that one, however, cost and the fact that it's a bit lower meant I had to discount it. It would have been off in 2 mins going down our road.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:20 PM, Jonny TR6 said:

Went for it this morning, sometimes sheer bloody mindedness triumphs over measure, measure, measure....

Still a few gaps, but realised it’s never going to be a tight fit all the way along.

The centre mounting was with an Allen headed nut and bolt and the other 4 with Allen headed bolts and rivnuts.

IMG_0128.jpeg

IMG_0126.jpeg

A bead of black silicone or windscreen sealant works wonders on the gaps.

20 minutes ago, TR NIALL said:

A bead of black silicone or windscreen sealant works wonders on the gaps.

Thanks Niall - will see what I have lurking in the depths of the workshop.

3 hours ago, MilesA said:

Thanks for the update. Interested in doing this so looking forward to seeing photos of both 'ends' once completed.

Miles

If you look at the top piccy you can see a slight gap at each end. It's only 3mm or so, but could be because my wings are ever so slightly recessed compared to the front valance  (or the valance is slightly proud). Still humming and harring on whether to seal the gaps or not, as it could be a bit messy if I try to remove the spoiler.

Rivnuts work well and make mounting/dismounting a simple task.