New radiator shroud.

Just finished my DIY version, I had the millboard/fibreboard in stock, and found some ally angle in my shed, plus a few 4 mm blind rivets, total cost: nowt, very happy.

n.b. “nowt” is a Yorkshirism for nothing.

Yet to fit as just tidying the front end wiring, and applying some rust prevention wax to the front valance.

An easy job if you have a pattern.

Cheers

Mike

P1070419.jpeg

P1070420.jpeg

P1070421.jpeg

P1070423.jpeg

Looks like a bought one 

Will you spray it with clear waterproof varnish to keep the rain out?    Sadly modern  “bitumised” card is not as waterproof as it used to be.   

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

A very lovely job - well done! Afraid I lack your patience - I got so frustrated with the quality of the current millboard/fibreboard stuff that I bought one of these (yes I know its cheating, but I did at least go with the less blingy option of the black one and without the TR6 logo punched out!). Next mission is to eradicate the stuff from the boot - every time anything touches the liner the black surface capitulates and I get the grey showing through. Oh yes and banish it from the glove box too...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256304263345?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338749392&toolid=20006&customid=GB_131090_256304263345.146649679390~1869457966496-g_EAIaIQobChMI3-q0nbv9ggMVspVQBh1LjAP9EAQYAiABEgLrafD_BwE

On 12/7/2023 at 1:53 PM, CharlieBubbles said:

Next mission is to eradicate the stuff from the boot - every time anything touches the liner the black surface capitulates and I get the grey showing through. Oh yes and banish it from the glove box too...

The panels in my boot were solid but cosmetically unsightly, so I covered them with campervan lining material, it's just a matter of spraying them with aerosol adhesive and stretching the material over the edges and stapling on the back.

The material comes in various colours, I used a dark grey and am very pleased with the results.

This link is one of the suppliers but there are loads of companies selling the material

https://www.combevalleycampers.co.uk/product-page/trim-stretch-van-lining-carpet?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAmsurBhBvEiwA6e-WPP4Bs1H6eHUZvL1gHEY-tFfyG4azVXNTiBmb9TQqIWVpEBlkDFP4uhoCX9gQAvD_BwE

George 

George,

like your idea, I was thinking of replacing the intact but battered millboard boot lining with the same, but its so susceptible to damage that it would soon be scrubbed again.

This lining material is cheap and easy to cut I guess, will definitely get some, ebay I guess.

nb make sure you use decent impact adhesive, both high strength and heat resistant, cheaper stuff lets go , as I've found out the hard way.

Mike