I now have a new Regulator and need to confirm the colours of the connections. I have asked this before but the answers have gone AWOL. My first connections are for points A and D. My old loom has brown cables in the loom. What are the correct colours and identification for these two points. Would it be best to solder the cable on to the blade connector or will cramping be long life.

Please let me have a clear answer to the colours.

Thanks Richard & B

Original: 

Terminal         Wire

A1.                 Brown / Blue

A.                  Brown / White

F.                   Green / Yellow

D.                  Yellow  (two wires - one thick one thin )

E .                  Black 

The terminal letters are embossed on the RB106 lid. 

Crimp the connectors but use the proper tool if you can, rather than one of those thin flat-metal things, and avoid the common coloured-plastic crimp connectors.  Use the original bare type and fit the proper sleeves to support the wires.  lucar.jpg.1d1c0354852e79d78d09ebea10f0828c.jpg 

Thanks Rob. 

It is colder in the garage and garden. I will give it a try when the weather warms up. Does one of the yellow wires to terminal D have a trace colour ?

I am older now and the garage does not have the same appeal when  it is cold and dark, and there is Ice. Back out there soon.

Richard & B 

3 minutes ago, Richardtr3a said:

Does one of the yellow wires to terminal D have a trace colour ?

No they are supposedly both plain yellow in the TR3/3A.  Later cars had a different colour scheme though...... 

29 minutes ago, RogerH said:

I'm cold here in W.London at 4C

Well there is an example of an "Urban Heat Island" for you. It only staggered up to just over 1C here today, 60 miles to the West. 

3 hours ago, Lebro said:

30° yesterday morning in Sri Lanka, got home around 8 in the evening to -2°  bit of a shock !

Bob

Yes chilly on the train in your flip flops and sarong.