Differential carrier for TR2

I need a differential carrier for my Lokheed axle. 

The satellite gears shaft is lost in the diff carrier bores. The satellite gears had the thickest believed washers available installed but still had excessive mesh play, resulting in stressing the carrier.

So, I’m looking for a carrier whose satellite gears shaft holes are not distorted (oval) and where the thrust faces of the bevelled washers are not to deeply grooved… 

If you have this, I would be interested in purchasing it… and eternally grateful. :)

Edited by Teher

What diameter are the bolts that hold the crown wheel to your existing carrier?

The only difference being the very early TR2 used smaller diameter bolts to secure the crown wheel to it.

I have only a spare from a TR3 Girling axle.   That may do the job but without two to compare I cannot check.   
I would need to find it and inspect as it has been some years since I last rebuilt an axle.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
3 hours ago, Teher said:

Thank you but I have one of the earlier TR2 and unfortunately the Girling carrier won’t fit… :(

What causes the Girling carrier to not fit?   Is it too wide across the side bearings?

On 11/26/2023 at 8:19 AM, Teher said:

and eternally grateful. :)

Including to the one who told you to ask here ? :lol:

I've had a look at the one in my lock up.  It is most definitely a Lockheed axle, but the crown wheel bolts are 3/8" unf.  The manual says that they changed from 5/16" to 3/8" at axle number TS4731.  The Moss parts book seems to suggest that the later carrier will fit- obviously with a new crown wheel -  but I don't know what other differences there are.  I am  guessing that this isn't the one you are after?

As James says, Pete or Tom Cox will tell you everything you need to know and may have the part you need.

Cheers, Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 11:35 PM, Mr Blue Sky said:

I have a spare Lockheed axle, diff is missing teeth off the CW&P, which is why it's a spare, but I believe the rest of the casing/internals are fine.  If you are interested I could have a look at it and take some photos over the next few days. 

PM sent ;)