Bosch WR78 Spark Plugs made in China / Russian Federation

Hi

No, this isn’t about knock off spark plugs!

I have just purchased a set of Bosch WR78 spark plugs from diycarserviceparts on eBay, aka the Green Spark Plug Co. The right hand image on eBay shows GERMANY engraved onto the shank. I was very surprised therefore to see that the delivered plugs all had “Made in China” on the boxes. When I queried this, I was informed that they are in fact genuine but the listing has been updated and now shows a Country / Region of Manufacture as Russian Federation. A look at the NGK website confirms that they do have manufacturing sites in both countries (as well as the USA). Perhaps not surprising given the huge potential market in China, USA, etc where import duties can be prohibitive.

My question is – are these ok to fit on the TR5? Is anyone knowingly running Chinese made spark plugs in their car please?

Kind regards

Paul

I would have no qualms to fit them from Green spark plug Co.

just made in china doesn’t automatically mean cr@p
it’s how they are spec’s and QC’d.

Edited by Hamish
It didn’t like c.rap
3 hours ago, Phil Read said:

Should we be buying items made in Russia?

No - I would have thought that importing these would be stopped by the sanctions but maybe they predate that?