Sir Bobby Charlton RIP

Surprised no one has posted, but, Sir Bobby passed away yesterday.

The last of the Pre Munich team

The last of the hugely successful team to develop after Munich

Mostly remembered for being a gentleman (& a comb over)

What a player & gentleman. I believe he was never booked during his wonderful career. A boyhood hero of mine along with the other ‘Busby babes’ of pre-Munich. I still remember after all these years almost all of us boys @ school in tears when that terrible event occurred. The loss of those brilliant players such as Duncan Edwards & Tommy Taylor was hard to take & it was with great relief & thanks to see Bobby recover & become the great player he turned out to be. He gave us some superb football. RIP Sir Bobby.

47 minutes ago, monty said:

What a player & gentleman. I believe he was never booked during his wonderful career. A boyhood hero of mine along with the other ‘Busby babes’ of pre-Munich. I still remember after all these years almost all of us boys @ school in tears when that terrible event occurred. The loss of those brilliant players such as Duncan Edwards & Tommy Taylor was hard to take & it was with great relief & thanks to see Bobby recover & become the great player he turned out to be. He gave us some superb football. RIP Sir Bobby.

echo this100%. I can still remember an older brother in tears after Munich, The programme for the FA Cup match the following Saturday, with no names, and the announcement by then, Matt Busby, from his hospital bed in Germany, praising the medical staff who saved his life.

John.

I saw Bobby give an after dinner talk at a black tie “Gentleman’s” Sporting night approx 30 years ago. In I think an attempt to relate to what was by then quite a bawdy group of 99.9% blokes, he threw in a few F…s and it seemed most unnatural to him and quite embarrassing. Total Gentleman. 
Dave McD