Advice on a hotel in Torquay

I am hoping that there is a forum user from Devon who knows Torquay and the hotels. I need some advice before I start booking rooms for friends and family. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Richard & B

Whilst very close at the moment - in a fortunate position of having relatives here.

but consider trip advisor and check out the reviews - remembering that people tend to be more active with neg reviews than the positives  

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186259-Torquay_English_Riviera_Devon_England-Hotels.html

Thanks for the replies. The hotel that my son wants to reserve is The Exton House, 12 Bridge Road, Torquay. It seems to have ceased regular trading but is still available for booking as a complete house. They do want paying in advance which is making me cautious. 

Can anyone local help me with some information please.

Richard & B

Richard, what are you looking for, we have travel lodge type to Grand, imperial although we went there for our 50th anniversary and was disappointed.  One I can recommend.

Orestone Manor Hotel Maidencombe Torquay. Small Hotel, excellent food nice friendly staff.  Had a meal there Sunday enjoyed it immensely.

PS nice garden with beautiful views.

Derek

Edited by Misfit

I have tried to call Exton House 12 Bridge Road, Torquay  and their landline is not working. I am not confident that this is legitimate. So I will have to try other hotels in the area. 

It is for a family party of at least 15 people for two nights in October. We will also need a pub/restaurant for Saturday dinner. There is still a lot of work to do.

Thanks Richard & B

On 9/26/2023 at 9:52 PM, Misfit said:

Richard, what are you looking for, we have travel lodge type to Grand, imperial although we went there for our 50th anniversary and was disappointed.  One I can recommend.

Orestone Manor Hotel Maidencombe Torquay. Small Hotel, excellent food nice friendly staff.  Had a meal there Sunday enjoyed it immensely.

PS nice garden with beautiful views.

Derek

+1 for Orestone Manor. I actually lived in Maidencombe for one year in the early 90's and it is truly a beautiful place. Quite a steep hill down to the beach at Maidencombe and especially a bit of a climb back up. There used to be a pub, the Thatched Tavern. Not sure if it still exists. Central Torquay is a couple of miles away.